Weird Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khilborn

Reaction score
I have a 2014 and starting to notice some weird electrical issues.

1.) The speakers randomly go in and out. (Thinking loose wiring)
2.) The windshield wipers are turned off and they stay on sometimes. Also when putting on a blinker, the windshield wipers will randomly come on for a single pass even though they are off

Anyone else experience any of these issues?

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had either issue but I did replace my turn signal assembly as the previous owner must have been heavy-handed on it, still worked but had tons of play in it. Anyway, it's an easy 15-minute or so job, you don't have to remove the steering wheel just the trim above and below it (I think there's a guide on here somewhere or on youtube), and the switch itself is like $30-40 from rockauto.com depending on the configuration (front camera or not). I would start there on the wiper issue, hopefully it's not a BCM problem.

Speakers does sound like wiring; I'd check the connections at the amp, speakers, and specifically the door jamb; it's common for lock actuators to fail from a mashed/pinched wire at the door jamb inside the rubber loom thing between cab and door. Good luck.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had those issues myself, but my raptor has a few electrical bugs. My sync 2 will only connect with my samsung once after I add the phone to the system. After that one time it will search and never find the phone.

The truck also for some reason thinks sync needs to be updated every 3 days lol. Never had such a sensitive system, my last truck a 13 SCREW EcoBoost with sync 2 had zero issues.

Now I'm just looking at ordering sync 3 from 4DTech.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 and starting to notice some weird electrical issues.

1.) The speakers randomly go in and out. (Thinking loose wiring)
2.) The windshield wipers are turned off and they stay on sometimes. Also when putting on a blinker, the windshield wipers will randomly come on for a single pass even though they are off

Anyone else experience any of these issues?
Had the same issue some time ago .I found the cable from the windshield motor was shorting with the inner fender where all the cables come together.Taped it out and solved.
Was more frequent when raining
Just follow the windshield cable back and it will lead you to where all the cables come together like bundled in tape and touches the inner fender metal.I will try to post you a pick.
Hope this helps.
Best regards

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left front door speaker was cutting out randomly at the beginning of the month. Did some research and found it to be a fairly common issue in 10-12 model year F150's. The fix was to replace the door wiring harness...

So, last week I ordered a new door harness ($60) and installed it which has since fixed the issue.

- Travis

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have been having a speaker short of late. It comes and goes and I haven't been able to narrow down exactly which speaker it is. Its either front center or front left. Not sure which, but its getting incredibly agitating and pointless to take to the dealer because you can't readily duplicate it.

SVTRaptorMT

Reaction score
I'm currently having the issue where the The windshield wipers are turned off and they stay on sometimes on my 2014 SCREW. I'll try to see if checking the wiring and see if I need to tap it out. If anyone has other suggestions please chime in. I'll follow up with the results

SVTRaptorMT

Reaction score
Following up, I ended up disconnecting the battery for about 20 mins and that fixed the issue. I know not an obvious repair but I'll update if the issue comes back.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding “reboot” to diagnostics heh, I should know it’s worth trying after doing it on Windows forever. Hope that cures it.