GEN 2 Weird Engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thedochimself

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me shed some light on this situation. I've got a mostly stock 2017 Raptor, 2nd owner and has 141k miles on it. I've only had it for a little over a year and it's ran fantastic over this past year, he took really good care of it. I've started to run into some engine issues the past 2 weeks, which started out with a cylinder 6 misfire. Took it to a trusted shop, they replaced all 6 IG coils and spark plugs. Ran great after picking it up and for the remaining portion of the day. Woke up the next morning, tried to auto start it, and it failed twice and succeeded on the 3rd attempt; a bunch of white vapor (assuming it was) came out of the exhaust, didn't think much of it at the time since it got decently cold last night and it was a cold start. Ran fine after that, no rough idling (that I could notice) or anything that would set off any red flags. Tired to start it again after several hours, same thing. Except I was in the truck this time; break pedal was stiff, and anytime I tried to start it, a decently loud "thud" happened. Lights in the cabin turned on, dashboard, infotainment, and accent lights seemed to be working. Tried a couple more times with some decent time between start attempts and it finally kicked on after the 4th. Some white smoke again, but not near as much as this morning. I didn't drive it again after it started, just left it there and made another appointment. Lemme know if you guys have any questions and I can try and answer them to the best of my abilities, thanks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with engine issues.

Any codes via forescan? Battery sounds weak but that will not give you white smoke. Check coolant and engine oil for coss contamination, milkshake. What kind of fuel and octane level?

OP
OP
T

thedochimself

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with engine issues.

Any codes via forescan? Battery sounds weak but that will not give you white smoke. Check coolant and engine oil for coss contamination, milkshake. What kind of fuel and octane level?
What kind of photo's are you guys looking for? sorry if this is a nieve question. Forscan codes are p0300, p0306, p0316, and p06e9. I use premium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter