Was I wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also in a nutshell, difference between 800a and 802a? Thanks again for all the input, I think he’s going to wait it out. Don’t know what all the hoopla is about, u Gen 2 guys/gals are a pretty nice group. Hahaha

800A base truck
801A mid
802A high level and normally loaded

Of course you can mix and match options to some extent on each truck as ordered.

Reaction score
I know here in Dallas, TX, and surrounding areas, there are a shit ton of pre owned 2017, 18, 19 and 20’s Gen 2 SCREWS for sale in both 800A & 802A trim levels. Prices ranging from high $50’s to mid/high $70’s with varying mileage. I trolled the web a few weeks until I found and purchased my 2019 802A SCREW from no other than a Hyundai dealership is Houston in January of this year. Loaded to the hilt minus the CF package with just 13K miles and I paid $68K. Truck was immaculate and worth the wait. The demand is out there for sure, but patience will pay off in the end.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
Would say to wait. It's been great to sell for awhile and terrible to buy - used or new. The best scenario is sell if you don't need to replace. Our trucks are holding well. Sports cars are absolutely insane now. My 911 is worth more than when I bought it two years ago. I checked on allocations for a new 911 turbo and they are sold out for 18 months. With the chip shortage and other messes I would be surprised if you could find a G3 Raptor for under sticker until 2023+. IMHO.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
I strongly suggest your friend wait until the 2021s and Raptor R come out. There is definitely going to be a dip in Gen 2 prices?

Faster48

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 802A loaded with Recaros, carbon, 4400 miles and lots of aftermarket parts for 69 a little bit ago. There definitely is still some fair deals, but lots of overpriced stuff out there too

Last edited:

Faster48

Reaction score
Would say to wait. It's been great to sell for awhile and terrible to buy - used or new. The best scenario is sell if you don't need to replace. Our trucks are holding well. Sports cars are absolutely insane now. My 911 is worth more than when I bought it two years ago. I checked on allocations for a new 911 turbo and they are sold out for 18 months. With the chip shortage and other messes I would be surprised if you could find a G3 Raptor for under sticker until 2023+. IMHO.

so true about sports and collector cars. I have a 991.1 GT3 that I could sell for considerably more than i paid (doubt i would though) after a couple years of ownership

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and yeah....in November of 2020 insurance company paid me $68,800 for my 2018 801a screw w/ a decent amount of a la carte options (original sticker price was $66-67k) after a chick broadsided me totaling it & had 35k on the clock

I paid more like $60k flat for it +TTL....I wind up getting paid $2k to drive a raptor 2.5 years 35k miles including throwing $2500 mods in it

the additional $2k more or less covered my insurance, I was only out the cost of gas & car washes hahahhahaha

These Hold value like a sombitch & inventories are very tight new or used in general

gtirella

Reaction score
a 2018 800A screw with 44k should be upper 50's max. It probably
has cloth seats. Dealers are really trying to push up the 2017 -2020
trucks right now. Best to wait out this madness if you can.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I am seeing you essentially are paying an $8-10k ADM on a used truck. If you going to pay that kind of money on a used truck, wait and try to get a 3rd Gen as close to MSRP as you can. The latest model and upgrades will be worth the additional cost, and at worst there should be additional Gen 2 inventory that may push prices down some.

mikeyj67

Reaction score
Had my 2017 with 34k in the dealer a couple of days ago to get the oil pan leaks fixed. They wanted to buy it from me and offered me 55k for it. They probably would ask over 60k for it.

Last edited: