Was I wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I am seeing you essentially are paying an $8-10k ADM on a used truck. If you going to pay that kind of money on a used truck, wait and try to get a 3rd Gen as close to MSRP as you can. The latest model and upgrades will be worth the additional cost, and at worst there should be additional Gen 2 inventory that may push prices down some.

Im just wondering how many allocations of the Gen 3 will get out to dealers and at least for months after production, how bad will the chip shortage slow down production. Leads me to believe there will be high ADM’s to pay on a Gen 3 as well, if you can easily get one. Wasn’t too long ago Gen 2’s didn’t carry ADM’s either.

I wouldn’t even talk Raptor R at this point as this is just a far in the future afterthought by Ford. Let them surprise us otherwise. Price and ADM’s will be outrageous as well.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im just wondering how many allocations of the Gen 3 will get out to dealers and at least for months after production, how bad will the chip shortage slow down production. Leads me to believe there will be high ADM’s to pay on a Gen 3 as well, if you can easily get one. Wasn’t too long ago Gen 2’s didn’t carry ADM’s either.

I wouldn’t even talk Raptor R at this point as this is just a far in the future afterthought by Ford. Let them surprise us otherwise. Price and ADM’s will be outrageous as well.
There will be a new term at the dealers for the Raptor R : "Unobtainable"

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I just priced my 2017 SCAB 802a on KBB and they had private party at 47500-51500 range. I paid 50k a year and a half ago.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I just priced my 2017 SCAB 802a on KBB and they had private party at 47500-51500 range. I paid 50k a year and a half ago.
Yep pricing seems to have actually gone up, and as everyone already knows, what region of the country you’re in plays a huge role.

Paid 58 for my 2018 802a, with moon roof and CF package,a back-flip already installed, 10,300 miles,10 months ago. It had sat on a Lexus dealer lot as a trade for almost 6 months.

As it sits today, my truck is worth 4-6k more than I paid for it. (Guess that $500 gap insurance was a good choice, lol) Crazy.

Here is just a sample of what pricing looks like in my area....

43c100f6b7eab6c8f07cf23d8f469339.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herk91

Reaction score
A buddy of mine just test drove a 2018 800A super crew 3.5 with 44K miles on it. Dealer asking $63K and said they are in short supply. He asked me if it was a good deal. Not having any experience with the Gen 2, (I'm a Ged 1 guy) and watching the for sale thread on here and saw some pretty good deals out there. My recommendation was to wait until the trade in's started when the 2021 hit the market, true statement?

Thoughts?

I recently bought a 14’ for $36k was mine out of line? No. It’s within market value. Problem your buddy is going to have is dealers won’t deal. They know the values. That price was in market value. The Raptor is the only vehicle that has yet to lose value or depreciate. There was a news story on this very subject.

James Min

Reaction score
My brand new raptor 2019 black with all the options like blue recaros besides the Beadlock sticker price was $76,000 around. I paid $69,950. this was in june 2020 when Covid hit hard and dealerships were wondering what to do with their 2019 as it was not selling off the lot that fast. I got a good ass deal and even if i were to sell mine right now, i can come out positive im sure.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I am seeing you essentially are paying an $8-10k ADM on a used truck. If you going to pay that kind of money on a used truck, wait and try to get a 3rd Gen as close to MSRP as you can. The latest model and upgrades will be worth the additional cost, and at worst there should be additional Gen 2 inventory that may push prices down some.
The Gen 3 has “turned off” a lot of folks.... truck seems a bit rushed in my opinion... I think the Gen 2’s will hold their value longer than anticipated...

Billy D

Reaction score
I jumped on my 2019 802A with 13,000 mi for $65,000, Sticker was $80,000.

That was a month ago.