Was I wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just test drove a 2018 800A super crew 3.5 with 44K miles on it. Dealer asking $63K and said they are in short supply. He asked me if it was a good deal. Not having any experience with the Gen 2, (I'm a Ged 1 guy) and watching the for sale thread on here and saw some pretty good deals out there. My recommendation was to wait until the trade in's started when the 2021 hit the market, true statement?

Thoughts?

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that the market for gen 2's is pretty tight. I found about a dozen of them within 1000 miles of me one weekend and while narrowing down the contestants I realized by the following Wednesday only 2 of them remained unsold. When I purchased mine a few weeks ago I jumped on it fast because they are not staying on the lots long and they are holding their prices very well.

I saw several used 2017 and 2018 models with 25K miles that they were asking over the original sticker price. No way I was going for that nonsense.

Hard to say what will happen with the Gen 3's'. Everyone thought it would gut Jeep JK prices when the JL's came out but that didn't seem to happen. I know one thing, if you find the one you want at a decent price you better jump on it or it will be gone.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my 2019 SCAB in December of 19 at invoice . Figured 2020 last year and price would go up till next gen came out as it did with gen 1.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say what will happen with the Gen 3's'. Everyone thought it would gut Jeep JK prices when the JL's came out but that didn't seem to happen. I know one thing, if you find the one you want at a decent price you better jump on it or it will be gone.

It feels as though the market is expanding right now (or soon) with more consumers than supply. So I think there will be plenty of buyers for Gen 2 Raptors out there, especially if it's nearly impossible to get in a Gen 3 for under 70k. And there will be plenty of folks who want the latest and greatest Raptor, even at a premium. Full disclosure...I do want the latest and greatest...just can't afford it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's nuts. My 18 802a with same miles was 55k in May of last year and it has 10k+ worth of upgrades on it. I think 63k is damn near sticker on an 800a. If you're going to pay a super premium, I'd at least get one loaded up with some added goodies. A few for sale on here for that $ with a good bit of extra parts.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with above. 63K for a 2018 800a with 44,000 miles is insane. I paid $59.5K for my brand new (0 miles) 2017 802a SCAB. I would wait it out.