Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated with current 2018 pricing compared to 2019 info

assuming 2018 can't be had down from msrp, I priced a screw loaded, no stickers or spray liner.

screw, 802a, moonroof, tech, carbon, tailgate step, bd wheels, heated rear seats

2018 current msrp is 70830 including destination
2019 msrp is 73280

total of options is only $270 more expensive, most of the stuff is cheaper or the same price except for wheels and moonroof.

so basically $2450 for the live shocks and whatever is better (if anything) in the 2019 bead lock wheels.

not particularly picky about color, ruby red, lead foot, lightning blue, performance blue would all work for me, so color isn't a factor.

still thinking it might be worth the extra $2k5, at this time when you can order a 2019 for msrp and have it delivered to you the 2018 would have to be down from msrp ~$5K less than a 2019 I'd think...

still debating! dealers around my area still want adm fees but are negotiating on 2018, but haven't got to where I want yet!

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably get some slack and non believers but I just got my 2018 screw 802a at 6400 off msrp. fee added was $500. for window tinting and clear plastic coating around door handles. saw price online they said it was an error but they would sell at that price so I went and bought it. no bed liner or bead locks but everything else on truck. they have more listed at $1900 off. Said I was luckiest guy and cheapest raptor in texas, u might be able to get them another thousand off?auto nation ford fort worth tx.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, is a good deal relative for the most part? I’d love to save a grand here or there, but is $1-3k off MSRP really a great deal on a 70k truck?

Especially with the drive off the lot depreciation? [emoji30]

I say go with the ‘18 for the mere fact that I’d be shocked if there is no dealer markup on the ‘19 for a few changes. [emoji51]

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, is a good deal relative for the most part? I’d love to save a grand here or there, but is $1-3k off MSRP really a great deal on a 70k truck?

Especially with the drive off the lot depreciation? [emoji30]

I say go with the ‘18 for the mere fact that I’d be shocked if there is no dealer markup on the ‘19 for a few changes. [emoji51]
There are still dealers out there trying to get $10k or more above MSRP, so I'd say something below MSRP is worthwhile.