Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as expected my 2018 ordered Raptor was surprise, surprise $750 higher when I got my window sticker. Not a huge deal but when I start laying on my travel costs to travel there to pick it up, costs are starting to pile up.

NowI'm noticing Raptors around my area starting to decrease in pricing just a bit but I've seen some guys post on this forum where there are dealers out there coming off $1500 or more from sticker.

anyone know what specific dealers are giving the best incentives for 2018s (esp in the south)? If I can find a cheaper one I will go with that but if not will just buy the ordered truck once it lands.

Some dealers will honor the price when ordered.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 3500 off sticker, for a 2018 just built about 6 weeks ago. dealer was as accommodating as could be, drove it 3.5 hours to me ( I traded him a ram and he was fairly priced on the trade). happy as could be.
I remember looking at 17s about a year+ ago and the dealer wouldn't accept anything less than 15 over mspr. that's a swing of 18500 plus a year of tweaks and adjustments. love the truck. so much fun.
on the other hand, if you can get a 2019 at msrp and they will honor that, and you have patience, that's not bad either.

So as expected my 2018 ordered Raptor was surprise, surprise $750 higher when I got my window sticker. Not a huge deal but when I start laying on my travel costs to travel there to pick it up, costs are starting to pile up.

NowI'm noticing Raptors around my area starting to decrease in pricing just a bit but I've seen some guys post on this forum where there are dealers out there coming off $1500 or more from sticker.

anyone know what specific dealers are giving the best incentives for 2018s (esp in the south)? If I can find a cheaper one I will go with that but if not will just buy the ordered truck once it lands.

jmar311

Reaction score
Pooponyou was right...my dealer honored the original pricing even though Ford had increased costs on the order.

Now I need to ship to my house...any of you out there used a dependable car/truck shipping vendor that had competitive rates???

raptorexplorer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pooponyou was right...my dealer honored the original pricing even though Ford had increased costs on the order.

Now I need to ship to my house...any of you out there used a dependable car/truck shipping vendor that had competitive rates???

did you end up getting a deal or msrp?

jmar311

Reaction score
Mine is $700 under invoice. But now I have to ship it and am looking for reputable shipping company to ship it to me.

Poop - what dealership is it in MO??

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is $700 under invoice. But now I have to ship it and am looking for reputable shipping company to ship it to me.

Poop - what dealership is it in MO??

Marshall Ford in O'flallon. I have to find a finance company that will let me buy out of state

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marshall Ford in O'flallon. I have to find a finance company that will let me buy out of state

Are you guys getting 18's or ordering 19's?

I honestly don't see a need myself for the 19 upgrades for what the truck will be used for so I'm looking at dealer sites and links at 18s to see what is out there. I even have a dealer that just ordered his last 18 and said he could option it out like I want and color choice. Waiting on him to get back to me with a price.

Tough call

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys getting 18's or ordering 19's?

I honestly don't see a need myself for the 19 upgrades for what the truck will be used for so I'm looking at dealer sites and links at 18s to see what is out there. I even have a dealer that just ordered his last 18 and said he could option it out like I want and color choice. Waiting on him to get back to me with a price.

Tough call

I'm ordering a 2019. You can't go wrong either way. It'll be my daily driver so I hope the new shocks help with highway stability. Either way, its probably getting deavers.

There should be a bunch of deals out there just don't be forced to buy an extended warranty at an outrageous price as part of the deal.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering a 2019. You can't go wrong either way. It'll be my daily driver so I hope the new shocks help with highway stability. Either way, its probably getting deavers.

There should be a bunch of deals out there just don't be forced to buy an extended warranty at an outrageous price as part of the deal.

I hear you on the 2019 and mine will be my daily driver as well and will spend 95% of it's life on pavement. I'll have to check with the dealer today that's getting back to me on the 18 price to see what he will do on a 19. Only issue with that is "He said they don't plan on scheduling the first retail orders to be built until mid November. That would put the first retail orders produced hitting lots at the end of January or more likely, sometime in February. If you weren't lucky enough to be allocated one of the first built 2019's, however, you would not see the truck until mid-March or April".

Part of me says just keep F250 that already has Carli Pintop 2.5 kit and upgrade that kit and do some engine mods and drive it until it falls apart. However, after getting a new engine at 66K I just don't have a ton of trust in it.

Decisions, decisions not easy when you over think/research things. The Raptor ride would be so much better.