Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad we both have a truck tho! I tried also. I didn’t even go to buy, but I said if they had a black, no graphics, and orange interior, I was done for. Needless to say I got it. Lol
I have almost the same , except being a Scab. I ordred mine after about 2 months of going to the dealer and sitting in them.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool that you guys got 18's and at MSRP is even a good deal in my book. I won't pay over MSRP for one I do know that. I'm still struggling though between the 18 and 19 just wondering if the 19 shocks will be all that much better compared to the 18s. I hope to make it to a dealer in my area that has about 12 18s in stock to look at and see what pricing they can give me. I hate playing these mind games with myself :banghead:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool that you guys got 18's and at MSRP is even a good deal in my book. I won't pay over MSRP for one I do know that. I'm still struggling though between the 18 and 19 just wondering if the 19 shocks will be all that much better compared to the 18s. I hope to make it to a dealer in my area that has about 12 18s in stock to look at and see what pricing they can give me. I hate playing these mind games with myself :banghead:
For the extra money, the shocks should be better. But, what about when it comes time to replace them? What do they cost compared to those on the 18" and how long do they last?

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. I thought MSRP was great, especially when they had a $15k ADM on there. Also, I do the same and did the same for both. I just knew it was going to jump in price and I LOVED the orange accents with shadow black. Not too sure if I like the outline on the appliqué nor the F150 stamp under the delete if I would have waited. Also, I prefer these headlocks over the newer ones. Either way you go I’m sure you’ll be happy.

Only way I’m upgrading from here on out is if they come out with, you know, I can’t mention it here because I’ll get cyber bullied. Lol

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I thought MSRP was great, especially when they had a $15k ADM on there. Also, I do the same and did the same for both. I just knew it was going to jump in price and I LOVED the orange accents with shadow black. Not too sure if I like the outline on the appliqué nor the F150 stamp under the delete if I would have waited. Also, I prefer these headlocks over the newer ones. Either way you go I’m sure you’ll be happy.

Only way I’m upgrading from here on out is if they come out with, you know, I can’t mention it here because I’ll get cyber bullied. Lol

Yeah MSRP is good on these trucks and I would think under would be even better now even if it's only a little bit. Yeah the nice thing about the 18s is I can drive one and know all the stuff about it where the 19 which should be better has some things like the seats and new shocks that are unknown at this time. I would hope there better but who knows. I agree don't think I'll be unhappy no matter which way I go.

I love the looks of the Raptor but because of what I will use the truck for and where I live I would be happy if Ford would release the Atlas F150. I would probably buy that over the Raptor for my use but it is supposedly just a concept but I like the looks of it as well.

sfadchi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with several dealers here in South Florida. I had a deal worked out with Miami Metro Ford, when I got there with the check they changed the deal. I was pissed but maybe it works out for the best. Considering holding out for a 2019 now that we are so close and I can't seem to find a great deal on a 2018.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hear you on the 2019 and mine will be my daily driver as well and will spend 95% of it's life on pavement. I'll have to check with the dealer today that's getting back to me on the 18 price to see what he will do on a 19. Only issue with that is "He said they don't plan on scheduling the first retail orders to be built until mid November. That would put the first retail orders produced hitting lots at the end of January or more likely, sometime in February. If you weren't lucky enough to be allocated one of the first built 2019's, however, you would not see the truck until mid-March or April".

Part of me says just keep F250 that already has Carli Pintop 2.5 kit and upgrade that kit and do some engine mods and drive it until it falls apart. However, after getting a new engine at 66K I just don't have a ton of trust in it.

Decisions, decisions not easy when you over think/research things. The Raptor ride would be so much better.

Have you driven a 2018 Raptor to see if the ride is actually better than your F250 with the Carli Pintop 2.5? I'd be surprised if it was much better, as every Carli equipped truck I've ridden in is buttery smooth. Do you have the full leaf pack replacement rear, or the add-a-pack? Full leaf is super smooth. Particularly when you consider it is a 3/4-ton truck that you can still use like a truck. I'm in the current dilemma of getting a Raptor and keeping my 2015 F250 to tow with, or just getting a new F250 and doing all the mods to it that I have done to my current 250. I'm just trying to justify taking the loss on the all the aftermarket stuff I've done to my current 250 and then having to dump a bunch more money back into upgrades on the new 250.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with several dealers here in South Florida. I had a deal worked out with Miami Metro Ford, when I got there with the check they changed the deal. I was pissed but maybe it works out for the best. Considering holding out for a 2019 now that we are so close and I can't seem to find a great deal on a 2018.

That’s what makes me a skeptical of dealing with out of state dealers! If it’s a local dealer not a problem, but don’t want travel for hours to get there just to have the dealer change their price!

what was the price the dealer originaly said it would sell the truck vs msrp?

vhudoo

Reaction score
That’s what makes me a skeptical of dealing with out of state dealers! If it’s a local dealer not a problem, but don’t want travel for hours to get there just to have the dealer change their price!

I’m currently dealing with raptor4you. I put in an order with him just waiting on the allocation stuff to get sorted. Instead of picking it up direct, the truck will be shipped directly to a dealer within 10 miles of me for a fee. He’s already sorted that piece out. So far has been pretty painless.

sfadchi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dealer agreed to get me to $59,500 OTD which was $1,000 off on their truck and $47,500 on my trade. When I got there they were only at $500 under on their truck and $46,000 on my trade. My trade is a 2018 JLUR Wrangler with 5k miles on it. I kept asking what changed and what was different about my trade vs the 30 HDR pics I sent them. They couldn't give me a straight answer. Just kept saying they never laid eyes on the Jeep.