Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you on the 2019 and mine will be my daily driver as well and will spend 95% of it's life on pavement. I'll have to check with the dealer today that's getting back to me on the 18 price to see what he will do on a 19. Only issue with that is "He said they don't plan on scheduling the first retail orders to be built until mid November. That would put the first retail orders produced hitting lots at the end of January or more likely, sometime in February. If you weren't lucky enough to be allocated one of the first built 2019's, however, you would not see the truck until mid-March or April".

Part of me says just keep F250 that already has Carli Pintop 2.5 kit and upgrade that kit and do some engine mods and drive it until it falls apart. However, after getting a new engine at 66K I just don't have a ton of trust in it.

Decisions, decisions not easy when you over think/research things. The Raptor ride would be so much better.

But if you order one it won’t be a retail order. It will be a customer order and those get priority. I’m actually ok with early next year since my brother in law is letting me use his leased fusion energi.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if you order one it won’t be a retail order. It will be a customer order and those get priority. I’m actually ok with early next year since my brother in law is letting me use his leased fusion energi.

Sounds good and didn't know that. Going to price out a 2019 and pass it on to dealer and we will go from there. Only problem I'm having is color choice, it's hard to tell online the difference between the two new Blue colors. The brighter blue reminds me of the grabber blue my parents 71 Torino had and I liked it a lot. I think I could be happy with either. Plus I have 13K miles left on my F250 before warranty runs out so I'm good with Jan./Feb. also or even later possibly.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good and didn't know that. Going to price out a 2019 and pass it on to dealer and we will go from there. Only problem I'm having is color choice, it's hard to tell online the difference between the two new Blue colors. The brighter blue reminds me of the grabber blue my parents 71 Torino had and I liked it a lot. I think I could be happy with either. Plus I have 13K miles left on my F250 before warranty runs out so I'm good with Jan./Feb. also or even later possibly.

I finally made my mind up on a color. I really wanted white but I'm going with Velocity Blue. It's sooo hard picking a color.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally made my mind up on a color. I really wanted white but I'm going with Velocity Blue. It's sooo hard picking a color.

I agree with that I always have liked white and I even like the 18 Lead Foot minus the graphics package. It is tough picking a color though when you can only see it on the computer. Both of the new blues look good to me though.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with that I always have liked white and I even like the 18 Lead Foot minus the graphics package. It is tough picking a color though when you can only see it on the computer. Both of the new blues look good to me though.

Yeah. At least we've seen Velocity Blue in the press release.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the press release showcased the performance blue?

WHAT!?!?! Really! Dang It! I'm sooo confused now. Going to have to google it to make sure because we all know the internet never lies! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I thought the press release showcased the performance blue?

CRAP! You're right. It was Ford Performance Blue on the Raptor concept. I just read that on the Motor Trend website. Thanks for correcting me.

vhudoo

Reaction score
WHAT!?!?! Really! Dang It! I'm sooo confused now. Going to have to google it to make sure because we all know the internet never lies! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

CRAP! You're right. It was Ford Performance Blue on the Raptor concept. I just read that on the Motor Trend website. Thanks for correcting me.

Heh, thought the same thing about your post.