Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
In my opinion the new shocks will quite a bit on road as well. Cornering on mountain roads will be quite a bit better and around town It will be smooth as butter really not going to need to go all Baja to get the benefit of the new shocks.

Last edited:

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the new shocks will quite a bit on road as well. Cornering on mountain roads will be quite a bit better and around town It will be smooth as butter really not going to need to go all Baja to get the benefit of the new shocks.

Problem is that these trucks are not designed to excel in cornering on pavement that people have a false sense of security on. I get it that it will adjust to changing road conditions and they geared it to that. Theres already IMO too much technology, and this is another one that can fail.

When i had my 4runners and they came with x-reas (which was a physical hydraulic connection between each opposing corner shock), when i went with different shocks, i had to physically remove all those components. PITA.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information guys and yeah the plan right now is just wait to see what the 2019s offer since I'm so close to that information coming out. Once that happens I'll decide on 18 or 19. I will continue to save the getting crazy in the dirt for the dirt bike. Just looking for a cool truck and have loved the looks of the Raptor from day one.

I think technology is good but at the same time to much can be a PITA. Plus in good old MD they love putting down pre-treatment road crap in the winter time anytime they even think a flurry will hit the ground. The problem with that stuff is it is hard on vehicle brake systems if it sits on the vehicle according a friend that works at garage. So knowing that in my mind I wonder if that stuff could create problems with the new shock technology as well, not sure but something I thought about as well.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information guys and yeah the plan right now is just wait to see what the 2019s offer since I'm so close to that information coming out. Once that happens I'll decide on 18 or 19. I will continue to save the getting crazy in the dirt for the dirt bike. Just looking for a cool truck and have loved the looks of the Raptor from day one.

I think technology is good but at the same time to much can be a PITA. Plus in good old MD they love putting down pre-treatment road crap in the winter time anytime they even think a flurry will hit the ground. The problem with that stuff is it is hard on vehicle brake systems if it sits on the vehicle according a friend that works at garage. So knowing that in my mind I wonder if that stuff could create problems with the new shock technology as well, not sure but something I thought about as well.
Gotta move to where they dont put all that salt or road treatment!

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you but not that easy. The problem is the state panics and put this crap down and then nothing just rain and then all the vehicles are running around white it's crazy. Just something I have to deal with to have a job and be able to afford a new Raptor LOL

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Problem is that these trucks are not designed to excel in cornering on pavement that people have a false sense of security on. I get it that it will adjust to changing road conditions and they geared it to that. Theres already IMO too much technology, and this is another one that can fail.

When i had my 4runners and they came with x-reas (which was a physical hydraulic connection between each opposing corner shock), when i went with different shocks, i had to physically remove all those components. PITA.

Yeah that’s why I got my wife a TRD pro. I can’t imagine the lights that will come on in the Raptor when a line gets snagged on a Bush someone runs over.

I’m waiting to see what exactly what comes with the 19’s before I pass judgement.

jmar311

Reaction score
So as expected my 2018 ordered Raptor was surprise, surprise $750 higher when I got my window sticker. Not a huge deal but when I start laying on my travel costs to travel there to pick it up, costs are starting to pile up.

NowI'm noticing Raptors around my area starting to decrease in pricing just a bit but I've seen some guys post on this forum where there are dealers out there coming off $1500 or more from sticker.

anyone know what specific dealers are giving the best incentives for 2018s (esp in the south)? If I can find a cheaper one I will go with that but if not will just buy the ordered truck once it lands.

JLP83

Reaction score
Deals are out there on 18's but they move quick if it's advertised. On the other hand the truck I just bought was built two weeks ago and hit the lot yesterday. They had it marked up exactly $15k over sticker but I drove off in it at sticker price. I don't really feel like I got a deal but it's better than paying a markup. Also for me it was better than waiting months for an ordered 19 to show up.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auto nation frisco tx has them around 1900 off. I called and was told another thousand off if i financed threw ford. As of last week