Vortec 6200 Z71 vs Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am apparently in the minority here, but I think drag racing a Raptor on pavement (especially on the street) is beyond stupid. I just don't understand the point. However, I guess it fits the profile of someone who would publicly acknowledge driving drunk on an internet forum right after this redneck pissing match took place.

I just got done leveling off half an acre with a John Deere 450D bulldozer; I never thought about drag racing the JD against a Cat D4. To think that the winner would somehow be considered superior is beyond ridiculous. I feel like drag racing pickup trucks on the street is a similar comparison. You could spend 5 minutes and $3k on craiglist and own a vehicle that would beat any truck in a quarter mile. OP, I'm just curious, do you also drag race motor homes? How about zero-turn riding mowers?

BTW, I get airborne in my RPG'd Raptor multiple times each week. I live 3 miles from a paved road and would like to think that I use my Raptor as God intended. In this type of environment, the Raptor would absolutely destroy any other factory pickup. I don't fault anyone for owning or driving a Raptor as a street queen, but why people want to drag race these trucks on pavement is beyond my ability to understand. But hey, to each their own...

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am apparently in the minority here, but I think drag racing a Raptor on pavement (especially on the street) is beyond stupid. I just don't understand the point. However, I guess it fits the profile of someone who would publicly acknowledge driving drunk on an internet forum right after this redneck pissing match took place.

I just got done leveling off half an acre with a John Deere 450D bulldozer; I never thought about drag racing the JD against a Cat D4. To think that the winner would somehow be considered superior is beyond ridiculous. I feel like drag racing pickup trucks on the street is a similar comparison. You could spend 5 minutes and $3k on craiglist and own a vehicle that would beat any truck in a quarter mile. OP, I'm just curious, do you also drag race motor homes? How about zero-turn riding mowers?

BTW, I get airborne in my RPG'd Raptor multiple times each week. I live 3 miles from a paved road and would like to think that I use my Raptor as God intended. In this type of environment, the Raptor would absolutely destroy any other factory pickup. I don't fault anyone for owning or driving a Raptor as a street queen, but why people want to drag race these trucks on pavement is beyond my ability to understand. But hey, to each their own...

Ferrari Vs Lightning - YouTube

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done leveling off half an acre with a John Deere 450D bulldozer; I never thought about drag racing the JD against a Cat D4. To think that the winner would somehow be considered superior is beyond ridiculous. I feel like drag racing pickup trucks on the street is a similar comparison. You could spend 5 minutes and $3k on craiglist and own a vehicle that would beat any truck in a quarter mile.

Neat. What's your point? It makes a lot more sense to race two vehicles designed for high speed pavement use like a Lightning and a Ferrari than it does a Raptor and a Chebby.
I'm pretty sure a Lightning is a pick-up truck and I'm pretty sure it would take a lot more than 5 minutes and $3K on craiglist to beat that one. :waytogo:

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a Lightning is a pick-up truck and I'm pretty sure it would take a lot more than 5 minutes and $3K on craiglist to beat that one. :waytogo:

^x2, but I would semi agree with him that raptors arent ment to really be street queens even tho I admit I love stomp'n lil punks with it, i do think if someone really wants a street queen they should be gettin the HD, but again thats why we are alowed to choose what we want to drive and drive them how we want

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add whipple, done deal. I'm actually thinking about installing a wet nitrous kit on here for ***** and giggles. I just need to find a tuner that will step up and help me out as well as finding a fuel source I can tap into for the fuel.selenoid. 50- 100 shot with a flip of a switch would be perfect for haters, or just passing power.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather spend that money on offroad upgrades. What do you think that's gonna cost ya anyways?

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the kit, I took it off of my turbo'd 03 cobra. You can get a complete kit for under 500. Only problem is, having to fill the jug. But if you only hit tbd sauce every once in awhile, its a good setup. I bet these engines would love the jug.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure what he meant was $3k could buy you a crotchrocket that could smoke most cars on the road which is correct

Sent from my Galaxy Note