Unscheduled Clean 2021 Raptor Orders Changed over to 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on Friday a 2022 from a sales guy who said he doesn’t know about their allocations yet but I am the first 22 order. I also put down $2k. Is this a bad move by me? Is there any way to confirm my order is even submitted? He did say it would likely be 4-6 months, but after reading so many disappointing stories, I don’t want to end up pissed off with no truck in 6 months.

The order banks are not even open yet for a 2022. The dealer took your order and $2K without knowing when and how many allocations (if any) they will have.

What dealerships should be doing is creating a waiting list. When the allocations are announced, starting from the top call that person and then order the vehicle if they still wish to do so. I’m starting to see that most of everyone that is getting told they’ll have to get a 2022 instead of a 2021 by their dealership never had an allocation to begin with.

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
The order banks are not even open yet for a 2022. The dealer took your order and $2K without knowing when and how many allocations (if any) they will have.

What dealerships should be doing is creating a waiting list. When the allocations are announced, starting from the top call that person and then order the vehicle if they still wish to do so. I’m starting to see that most of everyone that is getting told they’ll have to get a 2022 instead of a 2021 by their dealership never had an allocation to begin with.
So will some dealerships really not get any allocations, or am I in a safe spot if I am truly their first 22 order? He did tell me the banks were open but that I wouldn’t really be able to track my order number until it was assigned a vin. I really hope this guy wasn’t just blowing smoke to get my order and my money.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So will some dealerships really not get any allocations, or am I in a safe spot if I am truly their first 22 order? He did tell me the banks were open but that I wouldn’t really be able to track my order number until it was assigned a vin. I really hope this guy wasn’t just blowing smoke to get my order and my money.

2021 production hasn’t even ended yet. Check other threads, many others are being told they’re not open yet and others seem to have gone through a nightmare with a certain dealership taking deposits without an allocation.

The dealership I do business with was only allowed two for the entire 2021 model year. One 35 and one 37. I’ve known the GM since we were 7 years old. Usually he gets multiple allocations for the year. I was first and took the 37 back in early June and my build date is 10/25.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order banks are NOT open.... you can generate as many build sheets as you want... just like all the folks who are still unscheduled clean, and wait until 2023 to order again. Find a dealer who knows what is going on and actually has an allocation. Mine has been very helpful and works with the Ford zone rep. He told me my hold up, and most likely others, (i have a VIN and scheduled to week Nov 8) is lost production shifts and interior commodity constraints.
Friend wanted to order one... he could enter it all and then has to wait until the system opened to submit to ford. He was guessing mid to late October.

borgelpe

Reaction score
Based on the comments above, grilled my dealer who finally admitted that my order was placed without the allocation they had assured me that had. So Just lost 3 months due to those *****, no grey to chose from on a ‘22, and now have to find a dealer that does have an allocation! If anyone knows of a dealer in the Southeast with an allocation available, and no ridiculous ADM, please share.