Underbody Surface Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fury Road

Reaction score
Not sure where you guys live but theres a place called schmidt's back in New York used to spray my ranger underbody and inside of doors and rockers and like places with a special oil mixture never had a speck of rust used to cost about 100 bucks a year back then I think I have seen same type of products recently ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks I’m in north NJ. Syracuse would be too way too far.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I’m in north NJ. Syracuse would be too way too far.
I'm sure they have something similar near you ? I wouldn't use under coating it is messy and moisture gets under it and imo makes it worse ?

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s Rudy Schmidt’s in Syracuse. They use rust check, great stuff!! Kind of like an oily film that has to be reapplied every year, very effective.
I was in buffalo but sounds like the same stuff and I'm pretty sure you can buy the stuff to do it yourself?

Fury Road

Reaction score
I'm sure they have something similar near you ? I wouldn't use under coating it is messy and moisture gets under it and imo makes it worse ?

Not sure. I don’t want to do it myself, don’t even have a garage just driveway. Looking like I’m going to Line-X for the valugard product at this point.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Not sure. I don’t want to do it myself, don’t even have a garage just driveway. Looking like I’m going to Line-X for the valugard product at this point.
You can apply Corroseal in your garage or drive way...small paint brush rubber gloves and a piece of cardboard

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can paint right over it...if black doesnt work....it neutralizes the rust...i have been using it awhile..
Easy no prep needed but will work better if some prep is done
I guess what I meant was will this stuff just make the rust black again without having to paint it black after? As in is this stuff just a one step process?

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
one step is possible...It turns purple when it hits rust and dries black. Sometime it pays to retouch up or recoat the next day. It does best if surface is prepped like any other product. Turns brown if surface is dirty or contaminated. Does best if wire brushed but for the light surface rust on a black axle under a truck one or two applications will make it look 200% better....and black!!

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
I just called my dealer and they said they will make sure there is no surface rust under the vehicle before they deliver it to me. I told them about this forum and showed them the pictures you guys posted and they seemed to be very concerned. I wonder why on such an expensive truck like the raptor they should consider powder coating the undercarriage or at least paint everything with something as good as Chassis Black from POR15 or something like it. I would gladly pay a few dollars more for it.