Underbody Surface Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that was me. The quality of work the dealers do is down right malicious. Now I have a ton of work to do myself to unfuck my truck, they won’t stand behind their work.

Thanks Fordloco and Wfo for the reminder. So my Salesman did me a favor when he recommended not having the dealer rustproof my truck. Yea, I'll spray the axle myself and do some spot treatments under the truck too. I'm still going to ask the dealer why all Raptor rear axles are rusty.

There are some recommended treatments / sprays earlier in this thread I think, that Ill look into.

Can someone who has Linexed the underside of their truck post some pictures? Are you happy with the results?

Aloha, HT

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Fordloco and Wfo for the reminder. So my Salesman did me a favor when he recommended not having the dealer rustproof my truck. Yea, I'll spray the axle myself and do some spot treatments under the truck too. I'm still going to ask the dealer why all Raptor rear axles are rusty.

There are some recommended treatments / sprays earlier in this thread I think, that Ill look into.

Can someone who has Linexed the underside of their truck post some pictures? Are you happy with the results?

Aloha, HT
I have herd POR is good. Raptor liner could also be another option. I’m going to spray my wheel wells with raptor liner this spring. Still have a bunch of clean up to do from the mess shit bag NYE ford stuck me with.

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
When you go to Ziebart or one of those rustproofing places are they careful not to get any thing on your shocks and things that look good exposed. I would hate to go pick up my truck and everything is covered with undercoating. Several years ago I had it done to my car and they drilled holes in the sides of the doors and sprayed inside the doors and put rubber plugs back on the holes. I dont think this is a good idea. Maybe I should just do it myself Give me some advice please

Fury Road

Reaction score
When you go to Ziebart or one of those rustproofing places are they careful not to get any thing on your shocks and things that look good exposed. I would hate to go pick up my truck and everything is covered with undercoating. Several years ago I had it done to my car and they drilled holes in the sides of the doors and sprayed inside the doors and put rubber plugs back on the holes. I dont think this is a good idea. Maybe I should just do it myself Give me some advice please

Spoke to a Ziebart and valugard installer today. They both stated they mask off the shocks and any other parts you don’t want covered. As far as in the doors, it’s a different product “fogging” they said but no drilling was necessary, they go in with wands through plug holes. Like any other product I’m looking at online reviews that speak to install quality.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DO NOT go to ziebart!!!!!!!! They will destroy your vehicle, even worse than what the dealer did to my truck.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
I had a new 1979 F-150 4x4...my first truck Ziebarted. They drilled holes and pumped that stuff in everywhere. Plugged holes. And did a great job. My truck stayed together and looked great when I sold it in 1995. I bet it is still out there somewhere. I wish you could count on quality service like you use to. My new 2018 has the "surface" rust like y'alls pictures. I coated with a product called Coreseal last night. Very easy to use just don't get on fingers will stain black and must wear off. Going to dealer for an inspection sticker today. Gonna ask them about it and will try to post pictures later.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Had truck inspected since VA requirement...walked around dide of building on time to see dude stomp on it when he drove it back up front...lol...service manager said rust was within specs...lmao...here are pics after Corroseal dried..
No paint added