Underbody Surface Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks great! Do you have to then paint it or corroseal is all that is needed? If so, how long does it last?

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
DO NOT go to ziebart!!!!!!!! They will destroy your vehicle, even worse than what the dealer did to my truck.
Thanks for the good advice, I will not let Ziebart touch it. I think the best thing I can do is use POR chassis coat or POR 15. I have used their products many times and they work great. Just cant let the sun get to it because it will fade in time, but shouldn't worry about that being under the truck

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if correct place for this but the paint on my 18 raptor sucks ! It chips very easy and the primer is gray which stick out like a sore thumb I have about 3500 m I'll miles on my truck and it has more paint damage than my 93 ranger when I sold it a couple years ago ! What is everyone else experiencing? I'll send some pics later on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fury Road

Reaction score
When you go to Ziebart or one of those rustproofing places are they careful not to get any thing on your shocks and things that look good exposed. I would hate to go pick up my truck and everything is covered with undercoating. Several years ago I had it done to my car and they drilled holes in the sides of the doors and sprayed inside the doors and put rubber plugs back on the holes. I dont think this is a good idea. Maybe I should just do it myself Give me some advice please

Roy, what else would you mask besides the shocks you think?

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roy, what else would you mask besides the shocks you think?
Not sure where you guys live but theres a place called schmidt's back in New York used to spray my ranger underbody and inside of doors and rockers and like places with a special oil mixture never had a speck of rust used to cost about 100 bucks a year back then I think I have seen same type of products recently ?

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
That looks great! Do you have to then paint it or corroseal is all that is needed? If so, how long does it last?
You can paint right over it...if black doesnt work....it neutralizes the rust...i have been using it awhile..
Easy no prep needed but will work better if some prep is done

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where you guys live but theres a place called schmidt's back in New York used to spray my ranger underbody and inside of doors and rockers and like places with a special oil mixture never had a speck of rust used to cost about 100 bucks a year back then I think I have seen same type of products recently ?

That’s Rudy Schmidt’s in Syracuse. They use rust check, great stuff!! Kind of like an oily film that has to be reapplied every year, very effective.