Underbody Surface Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one step is possible...It turns purple when it hits rust and dries black. Sometime it pays to retouch up or recoat the next day. It does best if surface is prepped like any other product. Turns brown if surface is dirty or contaminated. Does best if wire brushed but for the light surface rust on a black axle under a truck one or two applications will make it look 200% better....and black!!
OK cool thx. I'm in SoCal so rust from salt is not the issue, it's just surface rust - my deaver springs too. I ordered a quart of this stuff and will apply maybe over the weekend if it stays dry here long enough.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used POR-15 several times on old cars (talking "real" rust issues there) and it is a fantastic product. One of the few weaknesses is a vulnerability to UV light, undercarriage shouldn't get blasted with too much direct sunlight, but it is a concern. Is the chassis-black a different formula?

When I had my Mustang's 9" axle out for a new diff and brakes I decided to have it powder coated instead of POR'ed.

Here's some shots of what mine looks like after 5 months and 4,000 miles...20190314_164158.jpg 20190314_164217.jpg

Last edited:

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer all the rust I check mine on a regular basis and touch up any little spec of rust and all the bare metal gets a light coat of grease then wiped off and they still look new

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk