Deaver Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you supposed to paint the mating surface? I would think it would wear off and the stack could get loose. Seven leafs, 2 sides with ..010 think coating. Thats .140 that wears off.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
So I got a set of Deaver +2 from @Viccern I since they were used and he was having a popping noise in reverse I thought it would be best to break them down make sure there was nothing funny going on. All the leafs looked good. Who ever paints these at Deaver MUST be in "A" second grade or "B" related to the owner and can't be fired. LOL I used a wire wheel on a 5" grinder cleaned all the rust and Painted them with POR 15 since they will not see sun I didn't top coat them.

Just some Light rust.
View attachment 446458

View attachment 446459
BEFORE
View attachment 446460
AFTER
View attachment 446461
Got them all Painted POR 15View attachment 446462
Pictures of rusty old B E A V E R S are not allowed to be posted on the forum! You can send them to @Oldfart where they will be greatly appreciated.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you supposed to paint the mating surface? I would think it would wear off and the stack could get loose. Seven leafs, 2 sides with ..010 think coating. Thats .140 that wears off.
I think they all come painted… most not very well… because to your point, it’s just going to break down and wear off. Mine came fully painted but someone recommended the Amsoil MP HD to me… i like the way it penetrates the leafs and really quiets them down… to each their own i guess. I’m excited to loose the leafs for my Gen 3.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

wat?

they are bolted together in the middle, theres several clamps preventing lateral movements and plastic sliders on the ends of each leaf..

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

they paint them after they are assembled.. so there is basically nothing inside the leaf pack to protect against rust.. lol

i am of the opinion that deaver springs are good for about 5 years if you are off roading, and they were not disassembled and coated.. theres so much rust flaking going on inside the pack, and several have reported cracked leafs..

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are ICON that come with the additional leaf. Had to to disassemble to configure… absolutely were painted inside and out. Shittily… but painted non the less. Also had some slip pads but painted surfaces are touching for sure. Again… no big deal as i coat and recoat with Amsoil MP HD now and again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter