Under-seat Sub Enclosures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone hear or ran some of these?
TW5_HP_MI.jpg

Marinecrps3

Reaction score
I just did some research on these and they seem to be the best shallow mount sub on the market right now!! They just moved to the top of my list.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did some research on these and they seem to be the best shallow mount sub on the market right now!! They just moved to the top of my list.

Yeah took some ROUGH measurements and I've got some ideas on putting this in the truck. I heard the amp is a bitch to get signal to the amp. Going to see if i can't learn some more.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah took some ROUGH measurements and I've got some ideas on putting this in the truck. I heard the amp is a bitch to get signal to the amp. Going to see if i can't learn some more.

Sorry think might be typo about signal to amp ? I'm curious as I have
Somewhat of a loss of mid range signal,

What are most here with underseat sub enclosures doing with rear mats, mine don't fit not sure if I should cut them to fit or try something else.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry think might be typo about signal to amp ? I'm curious as I have
Somewhat of a loss of mid range signal,

What are most here with underseat sub enclosures doing with rear mats, mine don't fit not sure if I should cut them to fit or try something else.

I read that the signal is not the typical RCA jack hook up but has Data sent from the head unit to the amp and the amp processes the signal. Also that it sends data in HI, Mid, and Low Hz. So getting a full range takes some work. Guy on the other forum was talking about it. He put 2 of these subs in his truck under the back seat.

HERE is from the thread:
Heres the deal with the factory amp: I have the NAV, so it could be different without it, but idk. Anyhow, information is sent from the stock head unit to the factory amp but unlike an aftermarket HU and Amp which uses RCAs to send the signal to the amp, the factory HU sends DATA to the factory amp, so you have to bypass it with a signal summing device (because the outputs on the factory amp are high, mid, and low, NOT full range) then from the signal summing device(which turns the 3 way signal into full range) it goes into the Digital sound processor which takes out the factory EQ settings and gives you RCAs and a remote turn on lead to send to an aftermarket amp. I dont think a PDX would fit in the stock amps position anyhow. The stock amp is probably 6 or 7 inches across and 10-12 inches long, but as I said before, its like a data processor and there are 3 wiring harnesses that come off of the factory amp with LOTS of wires. we arent talkin about 10 wires per harness either. way more than that.

Ill work on the specs for the sub box. its wierd tho and even if you replace the factory woofer with a JL or other brand, idk how stable the factory sub amp is. from what I could gather, all the factory door speakers are 8 ohm so Im assuming the factory sub is, too. If you put a 2 or 4 ohm sub in there with an amp thats only 8 ohm stable, you're gonna burn it up. it would be the same if I had a 2 ohm stable amp and wired my speakers @ 1.5 ohms. its gonna burn it up.

Last edited:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read that the signal is not the typical RCA jack hook up but has Data sent from the head unit to the amp and the amp processes the signal. Also that it sends data in HI, Mid, and Low Hz. So getting a full range takes some work. Guy on the other forum was talking about it. He put 2 of these subs in his truck under the back seat.

HERE is from the thread:
Heres the deal with the factory amp: I have the NAV, so it could be different without it, but idk. Anyhow, information is sent from the stock head unit to the factory amp but unlike an aftermarket HU and Amp which uses RCAs to send the signal to the amp, the factory HU sends DATA to the factory amp, so you have to bypass it with a signal summing device (because the outputs on the factory amp are high, mid, and low, NOT full range) then from the signal summing device(which turns the 3 way signal into full range) it goes into the Digital sound processor which takes out the factory EQ settings and gives you RCAs and a remote turn on lead to send to an aftermarket amp. I dont think a PDX would fit in the stock amps position anyhow. The stock amp is probably 6 or 7 inches across and 10-12 inches long, but as I said before, its like a data processor and there are 3 wiring harnesses that come off of the factory amp with LOTS of wires. we arent talkin about 10 wires per harness either. way more than that.

Ill work on the specs for the sub box. its wierd tho and even if you replace the factory woofer with a JL or other brand, idk how stable the factory sub amp is. from what I could gather, all the factory door speakers are 8 ohm so Im assuming the factory sub is, too. If you put a 2 or 4 ohm sub in there with an amp thats only 8 ohm stable, you're gonna burn it up. it would be the same if I had a 2 ohm stable amp and wired my speakers @ 1.5 ohms. its gonna burn it up.

thanks , im going to forward that to the installer... mine was the first raptor/sony nav they have done.. my high and lows are great but i keep noticing parts of the mid range are muted and or missing...ins