Under-seat Sub Enclosures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxvdub62

Reaction score
After a lot of thinking, I decided to build a center console type of enclosure for the back instead of under the seat. Yes you lose "1" seat for a passenger but who cares. You still have use of the "40" portion of the 60/40 super cab seat and a full size adult can fit comfortably on both sides. I'm 6'3 and tested this and I fit fine back there. The reason why I compromised with the space is because I wanted a high quality subwoofer, the JL 12w6v2, you can't fit that size sub under the seats. I will post pics when it's done vinyl wrapped with the sub installed.

Attachments

• 100_0182.jpg
    100_0182.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 86

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, and while you got the 500 lb. box there, looks like you can go ahead and just add a 19" picture tube TV in it as well! Maybe do rabbit ears antenna split across drivers and front passenger headrests, could even hang some clothes on them for double duty....

awesome....

I forsee another intervention. :Grenade:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
After a lot of thinking, I decided to build a center console type of enclosure for the back instead of under the seat. Yes you lose "1" seat for a passenger but who cares. You still have use of the "40" portion of the 60/40 super cab seat and a full size adult can fit comfortably on both sides. I'm 6'3 and tested this and I fit fine back there. The reason why I compromised with the space is because I wanted a high quality subwoofer, the JL 12w6v2, you can't fit that size sub under the seats. I will post pics when it's done vinyl wrapped with the sub installed.

Do you have cloth seats?

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

maxvdub62

Reaction score
Do you have cloth seats?

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Yes. My truck is not a Raptor.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Cool, and while you got the 500 lb. box there, looks like you can go ahead and just add a 19" picture tube TV in it as well! Maybe do rabbit ears antenna split across drivers and front passenger headrests, could even hang some clothes on them for double duty....

awesome....

I forsee another intervention. :Grenade:

To each their own. This is not for everyone.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bustin on ya! I tend to be a more class clown type if you havent seen my other posts....

Ive got two young kids and a really cute puppy....I dont tend to get much attention at home...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate the door speakers way more then the sub, so I was thinking change them out first with a high quality efficient speaker and see how that sounds. the problem is the new speakers which are components come with an outboard passive crossover. So now I am wondering about the factory crossovers, I would have to eliminate them in order to run these new speakers, not sure if they are outboard or part of the HU or part of the factory amp. Does the HU or a separate amp run the door speakers and how much power to the speaker would it have.
I know to get the full effect from good quality speakers I should run an Amp but was hoping to try them with out it first.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice simple little setup. probably hits pretty hard, hard enough like u said.

i cant wait. i finally got all my parts for my set up but i want to finish my lighting project 1st. time is hard to come by to work on the truck these days.