Under-seat Sub Enclosures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks , im going to forward that to the installer... mine was the first raptor/sony nav they have done.. my high and lows are great but i keep noticing parts of the mid range are muted and or missing...ins

What are you getting put in? and do you have the Scab or Crew?

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a scab , mine is all in , been having some issues with the signal levels... did focal k2 componants in the fronts, poly series coaxials for rear doors, 2 arc audio 8d2's in a custom ported box under seat,arc 300/2 {fronts} and 300/4 {rear and sub},stinger 10 faroud capacitor,with the arc KEQ5 eq and SRI signal summing device...

i am blown away with the 2 8's they hit fast ,low and very hard... at half volume on the sub i can feel every bass hit in the driver seat.. the subs can be run at 1 or 4 ohm and the 8d4 at 2or 8 ohm. they need .6 cu ft for a ported box and .35 cu ft for a sealed box, with a mounting depth of 4.70... these things are amazing for the size and did i say they are $140 a piece...

im sending it back in Because the mid range is lacking, like some musical instruments and stuff i can hear in my other car is missing and very faint. im not sure if having the center speaker still connected and powered by the deck has anything to do with it as well. i can say the highs and the lows are incredible....hope the other post about the signal is of help to the installers...

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to try tuning your crossovers with the head unit at +1 on the bass, that's where my installer did it. Without the head unit at +1 on the bass the mids are horribly scooped and there is no body especially in older 70/80s music.

Other than that I'm not missing any frequencies and all instruments come through quite well.

blackknight87

Reaction score
I did the supercrewsound single 10" sub box in my supercab with a polk audio mm1040 shallow sub. SOUNDS AMAZING. this sub can really hit hard.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scab subs - maybe you're thinking it wrong

Guys,

Spent some time in the garage this morning thinking about this thread. I think, at least for Scab owners, you are approaching the issue incorrectly. I will preface it that I have been out of the high end audio hobby for about 6 years, but I did have three vehicles that were IASCA regional winners and one national finalist (didn't win though). last time I built a big system Phoenix made true Class A amps you could drop to 1/4 ohm.

Anyways, I pulled the rear door panel on my Scab, and with some dynomat, fiberglass and elimination of the useless rear door speakers, you could build two sub enclosures that would handle at least some deep throw 8's or some shallow 10's. Looks like you could get a cubic foot in each of the door panels. You'd have to build out where the speakers are, but a good guy could blend in an enclosure to make it look mostly stock.

I did this on a 2000 Suburban in the rear side hinged doors. We managed to get two 10's in there and the truck would break 130 db's on the spl test (also helped alot by dynamatting the entire truck).

this is what I plan on doing to mine after the other mods are done. I'll probably do something like Boston Acoustics in the doors, and a good strong center channel (i'm a firm believer in center staging - and when you watch dvd's it's awesome)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sorry for the dumb question but how do u drop down the backs on the rear seats on a screw?? i want to see if i can fit my amp back there but i cant move the backs....