Under-seat Sub Enclosures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm definitely unhappy with the "bass" that the stock sub puts out. I'm looking at upgrading to something different. So far, I've only found 2 boxes that I'd be willing to go with:

Ford F-150 Extended Cab / Super Cab 09 - 11 Single Subwoofer Box - Subwoofer Box | Subwoofer Enclosures | Car Subwoofer Boxes and Truck Subwoofer Boxes at SuperCrewSound

and

MTX ThunderForm Unloaded Enclosure Holds a single 10" sub — fits 2009-up Ford F-150 SuperCab (Black) at Crutchfield.com

The JL Stealthbox is cool and all, but I went on their website and it doesn't have anything for 09+ SCabs. ProBox doesn't seem to have one either. But they both make boxes for the SCrews.... :flipthebird:

I'm looking to maintain some under-seat storage as well. So, those 4 foot long 2, 3, and 4 sub enclosures that take up the length of the back seat are out of the question. I'd prefer going with a single 10" sub, but I'll entertain the idea of an 8" or a 12" if the box is quality. Let me know if you guys know of any other enclosures besides the 4 aforementioned. Thanks....

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the top one is the one i'm gonna go with. you have to remove your jack though.

OP
OP
ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the top one is the one i'm gonna go with. you have to remove your jack though.

It goes under the driver-side rear seat? Or is it similar to the ThunderForm where it goes mainly under the passenger-side rear seat, but crosses over a bit as well? What kinda sub do you plan on going with?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It goes under the driver-side rear seat? Or is it similar to the ThunderForm where it goes mainly under the passenger-side rear seat, but crosses over a bit as well? What kinda sub do you plan on going with?

it goes under the driver's side, yes. there's nowhere else it could go because there's a seat bracket on the passenger side. based on it's length the only place it will fit is under the driver's side and middle seat. i was thinking Alpine Type R but the mounting depth is too much for that particular box.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
MTX is too proud of their shit. Asking $300 for an unloaded box. :nono:

The only problem with the first choice is the mounting depth. Not many of the GOOD subs will fit.

BTW, Here's another choice for you to consider. Price isn't bad, but I have the same concern as far as mounting depth. https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2994

that's not true. you can get a rocking 10" that will fit in that box. unfortunately my #1 choice wouldn't fit(so i know what you're saying) but that doesn't mean there aren't other options. maybe you want to rephrase that statement....you're not going to get a competition high excursion sub to fit in that box but you can wake up the neighbors with a sub that will fit in that box.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Birdman, i know nothing about car audio, just love bass and need something that can keep up with some quick double-bass hits and has a shallow enough mounting depth to fit in one of those boxes, any suggestions? or just what youve already posted?