Turbo oil filter/screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shade_M16

Reaction score
How often is it recommend to change out the turbo oil filter screens? My truck is at 6200 miles and I'm coming up on an oil change. Should I concern myself with changing out these screens at this time? Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
I don't run extended oil changes on my truck this will be my third time in 6200 miles but I'll check out the video anyway.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. They are only intended to be serviced during an engine repair, such as turbocharger replacement.

They do not filter oil like a conventional oil filter, it’s just an inline mesh screen. If they are contaminated with debris or metal, that’s the result of neglect (poor maintenance) or a larger failure, at which point the screens are the least of your worries.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
No. They are only intended to be serviced during an engine repair, such as turbocharger replacement.

They do not filter oil like a conventional oil filter, it’s just an inline mesh screen. If they are contaminated with debris or metal, that’s the result of neglect (poor maintenance) or a larger failure, at which point the screens are the least of your worries.
Thank you. So as long as I keep up on oil changes I shouldn't have to worry about it much.