Truck won’t start (BCM?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a shop run a power and ground wire direct to the battery for a ham radio in the center console.
While doing so they disconnected a module behind the glove box while the battery was still plugged in. Now the truck won’t start and I get every bell and whistle telling me all sorts of things aren’t functioning, adaptive cruise control, hill assist, even get over temp warnings.

any help is appreciated, getting towed to Ford in a bit.

E2FC4BDA-80FF-4F5F-8586-7DDC722C4387.jpeg

OP
OP
ChinookDriverJoe

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you plug it back in? It doesn't appear to be plugged in.

After taking over, I unplugged the battery, unplugged this and other connections in the passenger kick panel, waited 30 minutes, plugged everything back in, hooked up battery. No change.

OP
OP
ChinookDriverJoe

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check for blown fuses. 1 popped fuse can trigger lack of communication from numerous modules.

the shop owner checked the panel in the engine bay and the passenger kick panel. They did run a scan and confirmed a loss of communication with BCM.

any handy fixes to reestablish this connection?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, first rule of law when working on anything electrical is to disconnect the power source. Hope the shop is footing the bill. Can't see how just unplugging something would do that, hope its a quick fix for you.