GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 11/6/2017
VIN Date 12/7/2017
Build Date (around) 1/12/2018
Got to the dealership 2/1/2018
Brought it home 2/3/2018

All I can say is it is worth the wait. You will get your truck. You might be super frustrated like I was, but when you do get that truck, well, it just doesn't matter at that point. All is forgiven because you literally get a piece of Ford Heaven.

I'll admit I hugged it and kissed it. It's mine. It's really mine. It really is amazing and I haven't even put it through the hoops yet.

Enjoy when you do get it! I look forward to reading everyone's moment when they finally get that truck!

Thanks, but 3 months order to delivery is great news. All you did was make me even more excited as I am 1/2 way there.

Driver

Reaction score
Ford came to my dealer on Friday as they usually do first week of the month. This is when they typically give their monthly allocations. I'm working with a very large dealer that sells a large amount of F150s and typically gets new allocations each month for Raptors.

Ford did not issue them any allocations in January, and now nothing yet for February. My guy was told Ford has a supplier issue right now and they are not giving allocations to anyone at this time. They will offer rolling allocations as the issue resolves apparently.

Needless to say this news is not encouraging. My order was entered Dec. 20th. Nothing matters until I get that VIN though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order was in 22 dec, and no VIN.

I hate the wait, just want a VIN so I know the truck will be built, and is not vaperware in a computer memory bank.

Brutane

Reaction score
Ford came to my dealer on Friday as they usually do first week of the month. This is when they typically give their monthly allocations. I'm working with a very large dealer that sells a large amount of F150s and typically gets new allocations each month for Raptors.

Ford did not issue them any allocations in January, and now nothing yet for February. My guy was told Ford has a supplier issue right now and they are not giving allocations to anyone at this time. They will offer rolling allocations as the issue resolves apparently.

Needless to say this news is not encouraging. My order was entered Dec. 20th. Nothing matters until I get that VIN though.

Oh damn. That sucks. Not good news.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, since there is a dealer who just posted about getting additional 2018 allocations.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That was the issue with my order, No allocation. My dealer is very small in rural Southern Virginia and he had already spent his only allocation for 2018. He put my order in on December 6th thinking he still had his one allocation but it was already in production. He submitted my order hoping Ford would pick it up. I have two family members who are recently retired Ford Regional Managers who told me two weeks ago that there were several supply issues and they did not think there would be substantial new allocations for the remainder of the production year. They said they believe that if your dealer has an allocation already available that your order will probably be picked up. I ended up finding a truck on a dealer lot 3 hours away with what I ordered minus tailgate step, carbon fiber, beadlocks, bedliner and rear heated seats. The dealer sold it to me for -$1500 and helped out with trade on a Jeep. We ordered a tailgate with step without applique and was told 6 weeks delivery so that might be the supplier issue.

Long story longer, my local dealer is keeping the order in to see if it gets picked up and will let me know when it gets delivered. I picked up my truck Saturday and put 350 miles on it driving thru the snow in the Virginia Highlands. The GEN 1 has nothing on this truck, so my wife is going to drive that for now. Can wait to get back out to Utah in the spring.

Driver

Reaction score
Another interesting question is - if all of this is true, how long do you wait before kicking your order into the 2019 model? My order is written to expire if dealer can't get a VIN by March, and my deposit returned. When will 2019s be available for order?

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another interesting question is - if all of this is true, how long do you wait before kicking your order into the 2019 model? My order is written to expire if dealer can't get a VIN by March, and my deposit returned. When will 2019s be available for order?

If history is a good example:
Mid May - Order Bank Open Date
Mid June - Scheduling Begins
Mid July - Job #1 Date
Early May - Fleet Final Order Date
Early June - Last Day to Spec Change
Early July - Job Last Date

Driver

Reaction score
If history is a good example:
Mid May - Order Bank Open Date
Mid June - Scheduling Begins
Mid July - Job #1 Date
Early May - Fleet Final Order Date
Early June - Last Day to Spec Change
Early July - Job Last Date
Very interesting thanks. I think for me that means if I'm not filled by mid March I'm holding for the 2019 since it's only 2 more months