Truck got broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

203kris

Reaction score
That sucks! I firmly believe in vigilante justice, like in those internet videos of thieves getting their hands chopped off in public.

Like someone mentioned, the JimmyJammer is the way to go. Anybody can smash a window if they really want to, but at least with the JimmyJammer plates they can't get in without making noise and drawing attention.

I have the JimmyJammer system for the doors and my hood latch. I also have a GPS tracking system that alerts me even if the car is not turned on and in movement (like if somebody winches it up onto a flatbed to drive off). I'd recommend a system like this to everybody. A few weeks back when my truck was being worked on at a Ford dealership I was messing around with the system and followed my truck on a Google Earth-style map on my cell phone as one of the mechanics took it down the street and back after working on the brakes. I got text message alerts every time they started the vehicle and when it started to move. In addition to following the truck I could see other nifty info like the maximum speed it went.

Anybody can steal a car, but my plan is that while the alarm company is communicating with the police as to it's location I'm on my way to it gun in hand.

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
203kris said:
That sucks! I firmly believe in vigilante justice, like in those internet videos of thieves getting their hands chopped off in public.

Like someone mentioned, the JimmyJammer is the way to go. Anybody can smash a window if they really want to, but at least with the JimmyJammer plates they can't get in without making noise and drawing attention.

I have the JimmyJammer system for the doors and my hood latch. I also have a GPS tracking system that alerts me even if the car is not turned on and in movement (like if somebody winches it up onto a flatbed to drive off). I'd recommend a system like this to everybody. A few weeks back when my truck was being worked on at a Ford dealership I was messing around with the system and followed my truck on a Google Earth-style map on my cell phone as one of the mechanics took it down the street and back after working on the brakes. I got text message alerts every time they started the vehicle and when it started to move. In addition to following the truck I could see other nifty info like the maximum speed it went.

Anybody can steal a car, but my plan is that while the alarm company is communicating with the police as to it's location I'm on my way to it gun in hand.

What system do you have?

impaired

Reaction score
That's shity news man and this time of the year makes it that much worst. I had the exact same thing happen to my truck when it was 2 months old lucky I had a alarm installed tho cause all they did was pop the lock and crack the handle like yours but that set the alarm off, of course the damage was done by that point but they were after my truck not what was inside of it... The kick in the balls I got was after I paid my 500$ ins dec they decided my truck was high risk and upped it to 1000$ so several months later when my truck was in a hit a run I was losing my mind.
They are sweet trucks but total ****** bag magnets and it's like every ******* in a 100km radius is out to **** ya