Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What an unbelievable mess. Hope you finally get all those issues resolved and Crystal can make Ford aware of this great dealer (not!). I have a great local dealer but had to take one of my vehicles to a dealer in Cheyenne while travelling. Big mistake! GL and hope this story has an end soon!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. I received a survey from Ford concerning my last (they don't realize it's still ongoing) visit to this shop...I've been waiting until this was finished to complete it, but I think I may just go ahead and send it to voice my issues with them, even though it's not even finished!!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called the dealer today, because of course they hadn't called me...I have no idea how dealers like this are able to get good marks on the customer service reports?? I know they certainly didn't get any good remarks on the one I filled out today!!

They said they're now planning to replace the valve body in the transmission...I can see how that would have an effect on the harsh shifting and gear hunting, but how would that be making the trans overheat?? I think they're just throwing parts at it now and prolonging the inevitable of replacing the transmission...I guess we'll see how it goes...Maybe??

On a celebratory note...The truck will be having it's 4 week anniversary tomorrow as a guest of the dealership!! What a monumental moment!! I may try to pay it a visit and say hi tomorrow during visitation hours!! :mad:

D

Deleted member 12951

Did they give you a rental car?
I purchased the PremiumCare with the immediate rental if more than 24 hours. Haven't had to use it yet, knock on wood.

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They offered...after 2 weeks, but I turned it down since this isn't my daily driver...I should've taken it though just to give them some extra incentive to get it going!!

Is the premium care the extended warranty? I purchased an extra 3 years or so (I forget how long) when I bought the truck new in '13...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They offered...after 2 weeks, but I turned it down since this isn't my daily driver...I should've taken it though just to give them some extra incentive to get it going!!

Is the premium care the extended warranty? I purchased an extra 3 years or so (I forget how long) when I bought the truck new in '13...
You'll need the extended warranty at this rate, as the truck might be at the dealer still for another few months with their record!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need the extended warranty at this rate, as the truck might be at the dealer still for another few months with their record!

Very true!! :Big Laugh: But man, will it ever be one of the nicest, lowest mile trucks out there!! Thanks Cal Worthington Ford for helping me keep the miles from racking up on my truck!! :buffer:

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another update. Now the dealer says they want to put a new transmission in the truck, but "Ford" won't allow it yet, and wants them to continue looking for the root of the problem. I've been talking to a regional service rep (when he'll return my calls - which is becoming less often), and have emailed Ford's central service complaint address...I don't know what to do next...Any suggestions??

They've had my truck for a month now and no-one seems to really think that's a big issue...:mad:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fact that they've had it over a month now and don't see that as a problem is the problem! Ugh. Has Crystal been any help? Is the service manager any good? Worth elevating it to the owner?

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ That's a bummer. :(

Can't help but wonder if the tech(s) forgot to refill it with ATF when you picked it up in post #18 - would explain why it heated up so badly.

Sounds like you need to have another chat with that "regional service rep" or meet with William Clay Ford Jr in person to convey your frustration. G'luck !