Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crystal put me in touch with the regional rep, but that was over 2 weeks ago, and my truck is still in the same condition, so I'm not sure how much help he's been...

I was thinking the system may have had junk in it from the torque converter destroying itself, and they didn't flush it properly so the cooling system wasn't able to keep up. Definitely not filling it properly would have been the kiss of death too. They originally ordered the wrong converter for it, so I have no idea what spec they filled it too...or if they even did. Nothing they've done so far has been positive.

I've definitely got to start speaking with someone who has the power to make something happen!!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership told me the truck would be ready today...It wasn't...No call.

Ford told me their regional service rep would call me today...He didn't...No call.

When I spoke with the shop yesterday, they said the transmission was NOT going to be replaced and they had resolved the issue which was a valve that wasn't working properly - probably because piles of debris had passed through it...Along with the rest of the trans! I can just imagine what joys this transmission is going to bring into the future!! Once again, thank God for extended warranties!!

I'll let you know how it's running when/if I ever get it back!!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They probably changed whatever part was ordered, put it back together, took it for a test drive and found out its still kaput! Really sucks!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that too...A call telling me that, something or anything, would've been nice. Throughout this whole process, my primary complaint (other than the fact they've had my truck for more than a month and it's still not fixed) is their severe lack of communication!!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally picked my truck up today...36 days after dropping it off!! The test drive went off without a hitch, so I was super happy about that!! I drove it for about 3 hours and hit a lot of the steeper hills around Anchorage to put a bit of strain on the system. The trans shifted very smoothly with no hard hitting and the temps stayed in the mid 190's so everything checked out. Hopefully this ordeal is over!!

D

Deleted member 12951

Glad to hear the positive outcome. What ended up being the final solution?

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure yet! The paperwork wasn't back yet and they said they'd mail it to me, so I'll update when it gets there. I do know they said a check valve had gotten stuck and wasn't allowing proper flow (I assume from debris from the trashed torque converter). That does make me worry some, since the trash was in the trans too, and what else may stick in the future?

Right now it's running well, so I'll just take it one day at a time! I am really happy I bought the extended warranty!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc