Transmission deemed cooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
Hey guys not to prolong threads but I just got the diagnosis back on my 2017 Gen 2 with 80,000 miles on it and the transmission is cooked according to the service rep and the warranty extended warranty company are putting in an entirely new unit not a rebuild and not a used one an entirely new unit pulled off the shelf from Ford should have it back end of next week it will be interesting to see what the outcome is and keep you guys updated thought it was newsworthy

OP
OP
B

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
Bought it pre owned from mark kia in Scottsdale in 2019. Warranty Co. makes you service it where u bought it. Honestly they have been better than any ford service as its been in for other repairs. Causes seem to be more of poor initial design than anything as later year trannys are way less delicate. After mine was deemed a total failure I've spent quite a bit of time on YouTube etcetera and I am not alone it's not as isolated as we all may think on this 10 speed transmission

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Non certified Ford tech will fix your truck under warranty? Interesting..Not saying they are good or bad but they are not Ford certified

OP
OP
B

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
I get it, as crazy as it is, they've been spot on with no return or can't duplicate stunts as we've all burned time on . Ford doesn't care as its aftermarket warranty.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh? Non certified Ford tech will fix your truck under warranty? Interesting..Not saying they are good or bad but they are not Ford certified
It's just a re and re, you could do it in your driveway with some tools.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought it pre owned from mark kia in Scottsdale in 2019. Warranty Co. makes you service it where u bought it. Honestly they have been better than any ford service as its been in for other repairs. Causes seem to be more of poor initial design than anything as later year trannys are way less delicate. After mine was deemed a total failure I've spent quite a bit of time on YouTube etcetera and I am not alone it's not as isolated as we all may think on this 10 speed transmission
Ford has built millions of these transmissions. Searching for an issue on google or YouTube is in no way indicative of an overall failure rate.

Not only that, but you bought a used truck with 80,000 miles. There’s no way to know how it was treated by the previous owner(s).