Towing toy hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the rear suspension is the limiting factor here. The truck has plenty of power, but the suspension is why you can not tow that much more

OP
OP
sportman

sportman

Reaction score
Yea the rear suspension is the limiting factor here. The truck has plenty of power, but the suspension is why you can not tow that much more

what will be the best way to resolve this limiting factor of rear suspension sag?
air bags? my other worried is the chassis factor is that too much load and stress been created on the truck with 10,000 lb load ?

just reading about towing I found this article from:
http://f250sales.blogspot.com/
"The only real setback for the Raptor as a tow rig is its capacity. Some F-150 models have up to an amazing 11,300-pound tow capacity, however our SuperCab Raptor 6.2L maxes out at 6,000 pounds. The SuperCrew Raptor allows slightly more weight at 8,000 pounds. Based on its towing performance we feel the Raptor is conservatively rated. This may have been done to control transmission temperatures in extreme situations, but only Ford knows for sure."

Raptor is conservatively rated... I like that statement...but only Ford knows it will be worth to find out :hitit:

Last edited:

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Warrior. A 1/2 ton truck is simply not big enough for what you are asking it to do. Remember, it's not all about power and suspension sag. The truck needs to be physically big enough for the load being towed or the trailer will "wag the dog" 11K is clearly in superduty territory as far as I am concerned. You won't catch me towing the Bobcat with my raptor even though it has plenty of power. That's what I have a 1 ton for.

sultan

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
If you use a w d hitch setup correctly and don't let it slam the bumps it will be fine.i pulled a 10,000 lb,in a emergency for a friend with a w d hitch and it pulled great.with the hitch you can set the amount of hitch weight.

Thanks
This is a good news to me , I only need to tow my sandrail prerunner which 4000lbs aprox On flat bed trailer and the total not gonna hit the limit

OP
OP
sportman

sportman

Reaction score
I'm with Warrior. A 1/2 ton truck is simply not big enough for what you are asking it to do. Remember, it's not all about power and suspension sag. The truck needs to be physically big enough for the load being towed or the trailer will "wag the dog" 11K is clearly in superduty territory as far as I am concerned. You won't catch me towing the Bobcat with my raptor even though it has plenty of power. That's what I have a 1 ton for.

I guess Normal F 150 can tow 11k which share the same chassis with the Raptor both are 1/2 ton trucks the only limitation as most of you agree is the Rapter soft offload suspension ...moreover the with of Rapter add more stability while towing ...I believe that Rapter can to as much as F 150 with proper setup and weight ditripuer it will be worth to try ....no pickup can reach Rapter performance and offload capability ...I can not wait more to get one :waytogo:

Lardogg

Reaction score
Just for a heads up with towing. My wife has a 12 fx4 with the long bed eco boost and I had to tow my 24' inclosed with it. The trailer was empty and the truck had no problem with it. I just picked up my raptor i've been waiting like 3 months for and towed the same trailer empty as well. By far the eco boost towed the trailer better. Even the motor didn't work as hard as the raptor did. I know the raptor isn't built for towing but I was just giving my comparison between the 2 trucks. I thought the 6.2 would have an edge in the power department but it didn't feel that way. My wife was laughing at me and said we need to line them up because she thought her truck was faster.