Towing a large boat with the gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txmxer

Reaction score
Personally I wouldnt bump up to a 3/4 ton to tow the weight you do at the frequency you do. Towing with a 3/4 ton is really nice but daily driving one compared to a raptor is not nearly as fun and the ride isn't great comparatively.

robl3577

Reaction score
See for your own eyes. Raptor >>>>>> TRX

That being said….the Bronco, while not bursting in flames, may be even worse. I routinely have my 2 boys & 2 dogs (and my wife lol) in my truck. I got into my first Raptor (a 2018) b/c my ‘15 GMC was totaled by a deer jumping in front of me on the highway, I got into my 2nd Raptor (current ride a 2020) b/c my 1st Raptor was ALSO totaled when a distracted driver blew through a red light & hit me drivers side @ 40-45, walked away w/o a scratch & got a huge ins payout- bought my 2020 Rappy. So….lightning can absolutely strike twice, & as cool as 700hp is in a truck, living & not burning alive all busted to bits in what SHOULD be a relatively minor collision is way cooler lol

Vid speaks for itself

You realize this is a video game, right???

robl3577

Reaction score
Independent testing- all same speed. Obviously they’re not giving preference by manufacturer, the Bronco did terrible but the Raptor/F250 did well. The wrangler did awesome but the TRX burst in flames lol. But even if they went 10 mph faster on the TRX & Bronco it still shouldn’t make ya feel any better w/ flames/crumpling like an accordion & the roof caving in!!!
Independent testing in a video game????

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im now in the same boat, considering an F250 because I don't really go off-road anymore, and towing soon to increase.

Aside from suspension, is it hard on the engine to be under constant boost towing due to trailer air resistance?????
Loved my 2019 Raptor (obviously, since I still check out this forum) but towing was a dismal experience. Had a 16 ft enclosed two place snowmobile trailer. Towed 380 miles each way to the upper peninsula of Michigan. If I tried to go faster than 65, was always in the turbos, with the numbers popping up above the coolant gauge. Not to mention significant sagging, with a relatively light trailer.

Bought two more snowmobiles and a 25 foot trailer. Now have a GMC 3500 Denali Duramax. Just a world of difference.

Raptors are great vehicles, but they really aren’t very good (and probably aren’t meant to be) at traditional truck activities, no matter how much people may want to believe otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter