Eibach Springs - Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostactual

Reaction score
Hello All,

I will be pickup up my Raptor 37pp next week. I wanted to see if anyone has actually used a weight distribution hitch in combination with Eibach springs (or just one of them) to eliminate sag.

I will be towing a 16' car hauler trailer with a UTV on it and it is probably 4500+ lbs together. I tow it for about 325 miles (10 miles off road) round trip 8-10 times a year in south and central Florida where it's obviously mostly flat and warm. I see where Ford's guidance is 5k capacity without weight distribution and 8k with - which I don't know if it should be considered the "crossover" point or really guidance that a WD hitch should be used all the time for any load of consequence.

So I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead and grab the WD hitch or if the Eibach springs I'm already planning will do the job. I'm pretty meticulous about taking care of my vehicles and wondering if WD is really the route I should go regardless of any other springs or anything.

Also, new here and if I have missed this somewhere else, just let me know where and I'll take it down. TIA

Polo08816

Reaction score
I would do the Geisers since they're designed for more load than the Eibach's. And a WD. Honestly I'd do both, will only make it drive/ride better.

Is there any info/data on the spring rates of stock (35s) vs Geisers vs Eibachs?

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any info/data on the spring rates of stock (35s) vs Geisers vs Eibachs?
Not that I have seen, but I have seen raptor overland setups with geiser springs and I didnt see any bed sag at all. Also, I used my 18 raptor to tow and launch a 28ft Magic power boat on a triple axle trailer.I have no clue what my boat and trailer weighed, but it had to be close to maximum allowed if not over it. It sagged, but nothing horrible. I wasnt on bump stops. At least I dont think I was. It didnt look like it. That said, I would probably not do that for 325 miles.