Towing reviews Gen 2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lumber

Reaction score
WOW, once again a thread with people who don't know what they are talking about.
Both of my Raptors see tow duty frequently. They do so flawlessly.
As for sag, I don't have that issue, and I tow roughly 6000-8000 lbs depending on which car and trailer combo Im using.
The truck outperforms my F350 King Ranch V10 in every way imaginable.
I use a simple aluminum drop hitch which allows me to get the proper angle when the car is loaded on the trailer.
And DO NOT back the car on, should always face forward.
Towed 2000 miles and averaged 14 MPG with a 6000 lb car/trailer.
Thats my personal experience.
The truck is more than capable of towing, just be smart about it.

Again, if you can move your cargo on your trailer to adjust/limit to tongue weight, the raptor is a very capable tow vehicle.
If you have a trailer with a
fixed/heavy tongue weight, then no, I'll take my 550...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WOW, once again a thread with people who don't know what they are talking about.
As for sag, I don't have that issue, and I tow roughly 6000-8000 lbs depending on which car and trailer combo Im using.
I use a simple aluminum drop hitch which allows me to get the proper angle when the car is loaded on the trailer.

I was thinking it in my head enclosed trailer. I'll shut up now because I do not haul cars around what's the reason?

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled a 8K travel trailer (with a RPG stage 2 / 4" bump stops / WDH) from San Diego to North Carolina and no issues. Keep your speed in check and the thing will tow easily. The a$$ is your only concern and if you help it, you'll have more power than a standard f150 and in some cases, gear also (4.10 / are great).

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whole lot of over thinking going on here for only using 50% of the towing capacity...

Load the car properly. Tow it. Done. You'll be fine.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
The new Raptor should be able to tow well over 15,000lbs and here is the explanation on why the new 10-Speed transmission will be capable of doing so.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How much tongue weight do you usually run with that trailer? Do you get any porpoising at all? I'm more worried about that with the soft shocks than I am sag.

Last edited: