Looking to buy a Gen 1 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMN1ELT

Reaction score
I’d go with the 6.2L and look in far places. If you find something around Utah I’d be happy to check it out for you. May be worth the drive back for something you absolutely want.

MMN1ELT

Reaction score
I’d go with the 6.2L and look in far places. If you find something around Utah I’d be happy to check it out for you. May be worth the drive back for something you absolutely want.
Well nevermind. I see you got the other, congrats man!

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue is such a great color on the Gen 1 (Well, any raptor really). Glad you found one you like. The extended cab and high lift are begging for a bed bar with some yellow-cover KC daylighters for an old school look.

RaptorActual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip the 5.4 you will be let down especially if you go ripping in a 6.2!!! Take your time and find a 6.2 that doesn’t need that much work cargurus you can find them all day everyday!!!

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OP picked up a 5.4. I agree I'd look for a 6.2, but let's be real the 5.4 is not really a slouch. It's adequate power if that's all that one can afford.

MMN1ELT

Reaction score
The OP picked up a 5.4. I agree I'd look for a 6.2, but let's be real the 5.4 is not really a slouch. It's adequate power if that's all that one can afford.
Yeah not a terrible route. Really depends on the needs. If he is daily driving the truck, no worries on the 5.4L. They really optimized those motors by 2010.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had a bunch of 5.4s in Expeditions.
1998, 2004, 2006, and now 2011
They did what needed to be done.
The earlier ones always had me saying that I wouldn't want them in any bigger heavier truck than the Expedition they were in.
Latest ('11) does seem to have more than the others.
Wife doesn't complain, her daily driver.
But, we all do get a bigger kick out of my 6.2 (also '11) Raptor.

Baldguy01

Reaction score
Have a 2013 available, garage kept all its life. Black, all options. Bed soft cover and carpeted bed. It's never seen snow, salt and very little rain. 67K miles. Have had a sale sign on it at local car shows with some interest but willing to part with provided the right buyer comes along. Only mods are upgrade brakes, Stainless works dual exhaust, CAI and fog lights. Looking for a cash buyer, A title. LMK if interested.