Towing reviews Gen 2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nowata

Reaction score
Sag

The truck will tow that like there's nothing behind it.

You are at 1/2 of the rated towing capacity for the truck so nothing will be a weak point with that weight.

Understood but I don't want it to sag like a Tacoma with a cup of rice in the bed

Lumber

Reaction score
It's going to sag. And it's going to look gross.
It won't have a problem pulling it tho.
Every raptor I see pulling a trailer makes me shake my head. But, to each their own.
Add a leaf, or change out the leaf pack, and you'll be fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Understood but I don't want it to sag like a Tacoma with a cup of rice in the bed

My Tacoma sags less than my raptor, much less...

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
load it right. the only thing I'd be concerned about is the v6 and turbos getting hot.
There are safety ratings for a reason. anyone see that fb video on weight placement.

2746-img-0162.jpg

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I posted before that skidsteer is heavy. And that is a heavy trailer. Manufacturers have to dumb things down to lowest common denominator. Idiot proof something and they breed a better grade of idiot

Lumber

Reaction score
load it right. the only thing I'd be concerned about is the v6 and turbos getting hot.
There are safety ratings for a reason. anyone see that fb video on weight placement.

2746-img-0162.jpg

That skid steer load looks great.
But when you can't move your load on the trailer to reduce tongue wt, you run out of options with the raptor. And it doesn't like any kind of tongue wt.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That skid steer load looks great.
But when you can't move your load on the trailer to reduce tongue wt, you run out of options with the raptor. And it doesn't like any kind of tongue wt.

I get that you might have to back a car on and just make sure most of the weight is on the tires if you can. good luck

OP
OP
N

nowata

Reaction score
It's going to sag. And it's going to look gross.
It won't have a problem pulling it tho.
Every raptor I see pulling a trailer makes me shake my head. But, to each their own.
Add a leaf, or change out the leaf pack, and you'll be fine...

/QUOTE]

that's what i figured. i'm not keen on modifying it like that. yet another bolt on to prevent sagging. nevertheless if anyone has gone this route (on a '17 raptor) i'd appreciate a parts list and pricing. for that matter, a part list, pricing, and photos of the other kind of bolt on wouldn't hurt either.

i'd like to see a more street oriented verison of this truck. lowered a bit. 22" wheels. same track width and flared out body. same engine and transmission ok. basically a lighting with a crew cab and a decent tow rating.

Lumber

Reaction score
For the money, you'd be better off with a super duty.
You won't be happy with a raptor.
What you described above is the opposite of a raptor.

OP
OP
N

nowata

Reaction score
For the money, you'd be better off with a super duty.
You won't be happy with a raptor.
What you described above is the opposite of a raptor.

I wondered but they're not appealing to me

A ridge line can do a decent job of pulling a car. Why not a raptor?

I'll tow a car trailer a half dozen times and a ski boat and sleds about same

I'm gonna take my car trailer to dealer Monday and see how the one in the lot sags...if they allow it

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, once again a thread with people who don't know what they are talking about.
Both of my Raptors see tow duty frequently. They do so flawlessly.
As for sag, I don't have that issue, and I tow roughly 6000-8000 lbs depending on which car and trailer combo Im using.
The truck outperforms my F350 King Ranch V10 in every way imaginable.
I use a simple aluminum drop hitch which allows me to get the proper angle when the car is loaded on the trailer.
And DO NOT back the car on, should always face forward.
Towed 2000 miles and averaged 14 MPG with a 6000 lb car/trailer.
Thats my personal experience.
The truck is more than capable of towing, just be smart about it.