Totalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280 Raptor

Reaction score
Been in the insurance business 38 years and from the pics that truck is not a total. Impact got into the right frame rail somewhat but I cannot tell how bad it it with the 3 pics. Just because the airbags deployed does not mean its a total. If it need a frame it gone.

The insurance company will not let you remove parts....if they total the truck they are buying it with all the A/M parts you put on it. If they fix it you have a diminished value claim with the other carrier. Good luck

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see that and glad you're ok. D@mned Valley light runners - floor it when you see yellow is the motto around us!

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rebuilding the front end right now on my gen2 from a deer strike last month. I bet the tie bar that mounts across the frame rails is damaged. That's where my airbag sensors are mounted at least on the gen2. If they are repairing it with the stock bumper, they will likely need to cut and weld in new frame horns. Or chop em and do a frame mount bumper. I'd bet that's at least 25k+ worth of damage, plus whatever it costs to replace the airbags (mine didn't deploy).

Probably needs to be 50k+ worth of damage to total it out. Mine was 47k on my 2020 and ended up being 23k worth of damage.

weakssauce

Reaction score
If its at a "partner" body shop you will only be able to remove personal stuff but wont let you start taking shit apart. you might be able to take the bumper lights if you're lucky. when ever you get in accident always tow it to your house so you can remove everything you want to keep before they take it.

The damage doesnt look bad at all. If they do total it i would opt to buy it back then get it fixed at different shop. A partner shop wont fix it since the insurance deemed it a total loss.

robl3577

Reaction score
Anyway...going to get into my 3rd raptor....now do I go for the Raptor R.... Anyone go from a raptor to a raptor R and feel it was worth the extra $$?
Just personal preference. I have a gen 2 and an R and love it. It's an expensive truck and gas mileage is pretty terrible. If that's going to bother you then don't get it. People talk about not ever using the power. Well, I like to use it when I drive it... Oh and my gen 2 is tuned

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The insurance company will not let you remove parts....if they total the truck they are buying it with all the A/M parts you put on it. If they fix it you have a diminished value claim with the other carrier. Good luck
This isnt 100% true for every insurance. I have GIECO and I was allowed to remove the custom wheels off my kids mustang after it was totaled.