crash rebuild questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakejerman

Reaction score
hi, I have a 2019 raptor. Was recently in a rollover in the dunes. Curtain, seat, and seatbelt airbags deployed. No injuries and truck landed upright. I decided to keep the truck. Eventually going to cage the truck but want to feel safe for now driving around town and on highway. In the event of another crash would the steering wheel airbag go off? all of the seatbelts are locked, I have already pulled them out. I have seen a few companies that "rebuild them" I am wondering if that would work for this truck and in the event of another crash if they would lock up like usual. Also considering putting new airbags in the truck, I have seen a few companies that reset restraint and srs modules, would the airbag module need to be replaced or could it be "reset". Also currently working on figuring out a moonroof delete if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated. TIY

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
hi, I have a 2019 raptor. Was recently in a rollover in the dunes. Curtain, seat, and seatbelt airbags deployed. No injuries and truck landed upright. I decided to keep the truck. Eventually going to cage the truck but want to feel safe for now driving around town and on highway. In the event of another crash would the steering wheel airbag go off? all of the seatbelts are locked, I have already pulled them out. I have seen a few companies that "rebuild them" I am wondering if that would work for this truck and in the event of another crash if they would lock up like usual. Also considering putting new airbags in the truck, I have seen a few companies that reset restraint and srs modules, would the airbag module need to be replaced or could it be "reset". Also currently working on figuring out a moonroof delete if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated. TIY
Pics please.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that was rolled over. It's the picture icon or paperclip when making a post.

Airbags would need to be replaced. All crumple zones repaired. Most states require passing an inspection before allowed on the road again. How bad it is determines the cost to repair. Money would be better spent on either a new street truck or this one caged and off road only.

OP
OP
J

jakejerman

Reaction score
Cut airbags out, waiting on windshield replacement, found a guy to glue in a factory piece of glass. Body is pretty banged up but not super noticeable from far. The truck drives fine, had it out a couple times. Still hoping to get info as far as seatbelts being re usable if I send them out to get rebuilt, and if they would still be functional in the event of another crash without replacing airbag modules. Any insight towards this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 57C672B2-FBE4-4802-BF16-39B50FEC7693.jpeg
    57C672B2-FBE4-4802-BF16-39B50FEC7693.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 5D227D46-9F10-42F1-80E0-B36F2B828F04.jpeg
    5D227D46-9F10-42F1-80E0-B36F2B828F04.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 54
  • A3E7AFF3-E555-4373-A7A7-3F26B68D225C.jpeg
    A3E7AFF3-E555-4373-A7A7-3F26B68D225C.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 8D4159AF-FA8C-4FF7-A618-6A67246181A1.jpeg
    8D4159AF-FA8C-4FF7-A618-6A67246181A1.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
J

jakejerman

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that was rolled over. It's the picture icon or paperclip when making a post.

Airbags would need to be replaced. All crumple zones repaired. Most states require passing an inspection before allowed on the road again. How bad it is determines the cost to repair. Money would be better spent on either a new street truck or this one caged and off road only.
Mailed title out today waiting to get salvage title back from insurance. I was going to transfer the salvage title to Montana which is where I live now, however could still try Indiana not sure which would be easier to register again.

OP
OP
J

jakejerman

Reaction score
anyone have any insight on how deep they go in inspection process or what makes a pass or fail? I haven't been able to find much online. Mechanically the truck is perfect, cosmetically it's a little banged up but doesn't affect drivability once sunroof, windshield, and seatbelts are replaced.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Go down to your local DMV and ask. Each state is different. They might send you ti the right person but you will need to follow your local steps. Where I live the state patrol preforms vehicle inspections.

NickW

Reaction score
What I have seen in the past for these inspections is a list of approved places to have the inspection completed.

Probably the first place I would start would be to call the title office in each state that you are considering registering it and ask realllll nice if the person working there can help point you in the right direction for taking the necessary steps to obtain the rebuilt title and become road-worthy again. I have found that these people appear under appreciated and they are usually very helpful when you are kind and considerate to them. Usually.

Also here's my .02 since you mentioned getting it titled in a state that you don't live anymore, unless you own property or have a good reason to do that, it's probably not worth it. In most cases, it would be best to title it in the state you live.