R for sale just under MSRP....Carfax shows total loss insurance claim, a roll over, and front end crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the price is right who needs warranty but I think its a non starter over $100k. Also since its a salvage it would prolly have to be a 100% "cash" sale. No bank will finance a salvage car, more over one over a 100k

fyi, sold at auction for ~$63,500 then add around 1k for shipping

Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 85K …. why not!! 106K …nah I’ll keep my clean title v6. Salvage titles will haunt you, and Rs are likely going to have great resale value….but not this one.

Also how did the airbags not deploy in a rollover? Too many mysteries. Would be a great truck to build assuming the frame is sorted, but not a good DD.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
side airbags definitely did deploy. i think someone invested at least 20k in fixing it so that puts it at least at 85k

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
side airbags definitely did deploy. i think someone invested at least 20k in fixing it so that puts it at least at 85k
Oh ok, through my light reading i didn’t see that, but there is no way something didn’t deploy!

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 85K …. why not!! 106K …nah I’ll keep my clean title v6. Salvage titles will haunt you, and Rs are likely going to have great resale value….but not this one.

Also how did the airbags not deploy in a rollover? Too many mysteries. Would be a great truck to build assuming the frame is sorted, but not a good DD.
i would take a salvage R over a clean v6

raptorobb

Reaction score
Nah, I've seen waaay worse come back. It's all cosmetic really. Airbags didn't even deploy... As long as the frame is straight (or able to be MADE straight), send it.
We have 3 salvage title vehicles, had a previous with no issues and looking for the next. You have to know what your looking at and looking for. It has allowed me to pay cash for all of our vehicles and you would never know as I go down the road in a paid off vehicle.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
We have 3 salvage title vehicles, had a previous with no issues and looking for the next. You have to know what your looking at and looking for. It has allowed me to pay cash for all of our vehicles and you would never know as I go down the road in a paid off vehicle.
No warranty is the hard one to swallow for me having new fords since 2001. A 1st yrs truck, this is going to be like part time custody. Half the time you’ll have it, and the other half of the time to be driving loaner thinking about it.
Not the damage it self.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no thanks. If you can’t afford a clean title car…you can’t afford a salvage title car. Zero warranty could easily even up the cost playing field especially if there are unseen issues that no one could predict. This is far different than buying a salvage title Honda Accord for a college kid.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think anyone looking for a raptor has the means especially a 6 figure R. if your buying a salvage raptor means you do have the means because you need "cash"

also if the engine blows or some major repair under warranty there's always a chance it still wont be covered because of this or that or trying to deny.