Totalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp...seems like my 22 raptor is totaled.

long story short...was tryin to make a left turn..87 year old lady sped up to beat the yellow light and it was wet...and we collided.

I have a buddy who owns a State Farm and I guess when airbags deploy insurance companies typically like to total them? Makes no sense because the car looks completely fixable....however I had two airbags deploy.

Anyway...going to get into my 3rd raptor....now do I go for the Raptor R.... Anyone go from a raptor to a raptor R and feel it was worth the extra $$?

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 305

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to hear you’re ok and more over, is the elderly lady doing ok? Read the post below regarding V8 vs V6 by @Donmatteo. I think he makes an excellent point about power and usable power.

Didn't the V8 go from 6.2 to a 5.7? Following your logic, that was a downgrade right?

V8 vs V6 is a preference as you point out. When I bought my 3rd raptor in June, I had the option and ability to pick either the V8 R or another 3.5. I went with the V6 because I (me, my preference) saw literally no need for a 700HP V8 where most of that power is a complete waste on and off road. I didn't care about bragging rights or flexing with a V8. I honestly thought the TRX would have been a far more usable truck without the massive HP.
I did test drive a few V8's back in 2014 and I found, apart from the stoplight drag strip, it was a waste of power, fuel and usability.

There is a huge difference between power and usable power.

I owned a F12 a few years ago. It was a 700+ HP V12. It was miserable to drive around. I had a much better experience with the AMG GT at got after that.

I guess the point is, people prefer something over something else. On paper, the V6 is a better choice for the raptor while some agree, others dont but as in all things, ******** on people isnt going to change anyones mind.

Ford released a V8 and this argument still continues so while some complain, others are happy.

OP
OP
K

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you’re ok and more over, is the elderly lady doing ok? Read the post below regarding V8 vs V6 by @Donmatteo. I think he makes an excellent point about power and usable power.
Thank you! And yeah...she was a rockstar...didnt want paramedics or anything.. She was a gangster.

Thanks for this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc