Totaled or Not

Totaled or Not

• Totaled

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Not Totaled

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budd

Reaction score
Not totaled. 8-10k min damage. Better file a diminished value claim w insurance as your car fax will show accident and repair amount which results in huge depreciation. The claim will give you a larger amount for that depreciation.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not totaled. 8-10k min damage. Better file a diminished value claim w insurance as your car fax will show accident and repair amount which results in huge depreciation. The claim will give you a larger amount for that depreciation.
On page 3 he said it’s already up to 24K and climbing.

Agree on the depreciation. That’s a big pill for sure.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is the fastest keyboard estimate I have ever seen! Also, in most states, the diminished value must be experienced before it can be claimed. Meaning the truck will need to be sold or traded and some type of documentation will need to be provided saying, "We are giving less on trade because the truck has been wrecked"

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Mazda CX9 blew the red light. I just started going but crossed 5 lanes before this guy made contact. So I'm guessing that I might have been going 25 mph or so. Also I think the impact pushed me into a jeep that was next to me? Or the Mazda hit the jeep. All happened way to fast.

The front tow hooks were laying in the street so that has to have some impact on the frame. Right?

Not necessarily, the bolts could have sheered off. A bent frame isn't always an automatic totaling of the vehicle. Particularly if the damage is in front of the suspension. Glad you walked away with not too serious of injuries.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
If you're already at 24K, and they haven't even put it on a lift yet, I'd lean towards totaled.

There is a really good chance, based on the frame horns looking twisted, that the frame rails could have twisted into where the motor mounts are.

I haven't seen a body shop attempt a repair if the motor would need to come out to complete it.

Sucks about the hand. I'm still getting through rehab from a hand injury. Mine was a laceration with nerve damage. I am not enjoying it.

Trucks can be replaced, hands can heal, but you only get one life. Good luck on the mend!

Josh84

Reaction score
That sucks, I am currently without my truck as a winter storm bares down on me.
I hit a deer going about 60 MPH and caused 12K in damage.
Terrible time of year due to the holidays to have insurance get my body shop going.

Inked20191216_004941_LI.jpg

glnicola

Reaction score
I bought one, a 2014 with 21 thousand miles, with what looks like a little more than half that damage. It took 11.5 thousand to put it back on the road. Not a lot of used Raptor parts available.