Thought I had a problem....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
So today while driving to an appointment I smashed the skinny pedal to pass a car and the truck didn't downshift, fell on its face and did not want to accelerate. I was able to get around the car and when I did I got the wrench light and a CEL light. Truck did not want to make boost and felt as if it had no power. I continued to my appointment. When I got there I popped the hood and the push pins that hold the rubber section on the intake scoop were pulled out and it was sucked into the tube. And one of the pins actually got sucked into the air box and the other was barley in the hole. Also the clips that hold the airbox lid on had come undone. I fixed it and cleared the CEL with my Accessport. This has never happened before but I did recently install a Cobb intake. So I sent Goosetune a message letting him know what happened and asked if the Cobb intake scoop bracket it would work on my 2019 because it says it is for a 2021-2022 and he said it would so I placed an order with him and he processed it a few minutes later. I guess this is a two part post to just let those who don't know that this can happen and to give Winfield a shout out for answering my message on a weekend and processing the order also.

rog7254

Reaction score
Good thing it was easy fix. Yes, for sure on Cobb intake scoop bracket!

Attachments

• 20231021_162304.jpg
    20231021_162304.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 27

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we talking an aftermarket intake scoop or Cobb intake bracket to keep the OE scoop from collapsing? I didn't know the bracket would fit a Gen 2.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter