Totaled or Not

Totaled or Not

• Totaled

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Not Totaled

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
gone thru to many claims ,to know Insurance companies squeeze the shop ,which in turn leads to average at best results

knock on wood, I haven’t had to do any recent damage claims like this, but... my experience locally has been that the body shops I’ve gone to have been ones that are either well recommended by customers or craft shops that do restorations, resto-mods, custom work, etc. One place I went to said up front - we only use factory parts, no seconds or ‘quality replacements’ and if you want to see some of our work I’ll show you what we’re working on. custom shops who do repair work have been my best experiences. While I’m sure that there’s some ways to tell, their work was visibly perfect.

when you select a body shop for repairs, they should be happy to show you results of their work, and be up front about what parts are going in. Your visit to the body shop is an interview and if you don’t like what you see or hear, you can go somewhere else. Just like buying a Rap’.

OP
OP
R

RandyK64

Reaction score
Ok here is the update. They will be fixing the truck. It added up to be just shy of $30k in damages. They are saying it should only take about 3 weeks.

Big question is do I take a pretty big hit and trade it in or keep it? Illinois just changed their tax laws which will screw me.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it would suck if you got a new one and the same shi# happened to it. imo I would drive it first and see how it feels and go from there.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remember aftermarket parts are almost always WAY cheaper than OEM....hello FMIC, ADD bumper, Morimoto overflow tank, carbon fiber hood, etc, etc, etc...

Stevedm

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on a brand new Jeep grand Cherokee. Had about 35-40,000 worth of damage and they did not total it off. I could only find one dealer that would even offer a trade offer, the other two around here didn’t even want it because it was branded as major damage. literally told me they would not take it on trade..One of those would not take it on trade was the biggest Ford dealer in the state.

Ok here is the update. They will be fixing the truck. It added up to be just shy of $30k in damages. They are saying it should only take about 3 weeks.

Big question is do I take a pretty big hit and trade it in or keep it? Illinois just changed their tax laws which will screw me.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sucks man. I had a 2014 that was rear ended and totaled. If it were me, I'd dump it and get a new one.