TMX Skid plate!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean stock to TMX, TMX to stock or.............

TMX, any pics of the preproduction skid?

Ill be headed up to the shop Tuesday so I will snap some there. We have BetaII being laser cut and bent for the next round of destruction.

If I get home at a decent time tonight Ill post some cad models.

The main difference is that it covers the LCA mounting bolts.... It still will bend if impacted hard enough. But will deflect the main energy point away from those bolts.

Before we get asked.... Yes we want it to still bend, because if we made it out of bullet proof armor, you would shear the bolts and potentially damage more things than just a steel skidplate.

The plan is to have

The Current Skid Plate, stronger than stock, streamline, baja style
and
BetaII (still throwing around names) that will be made of the same 10 gauge steel, more robust design and have extra reinforcement in high impact areas. Think road armor of skidplates.

Last edited:

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What would be the reason to change a skid plate from one that gives more protection?

Thanks for your question justvettn. Most of our customers like the skid plate because it adds a much more aggressive look to the truck and will not dent up like the stock one. We've had it tested in Baja and all over the US and its tested perfectly.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to see this skid plate in person on Ray's truck and I am surprised that TMX does not mention the fact that their skid plate mounts much higher than the stock. In other words, you don't realize how low the OEM skids hangs until you see TMX skid. No wonder the oem skid gets bashed in all the time. The TMX skid should have come stock. It is a much better design and looks awesome.

Last edited:

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics are overdue!

2263308-South-Park-rabble-rabble-rabble.jpg