Thoughts on preventative battery change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bummer experience. There’s got to be more to the story. Did you bring the battery into the store dead? Meaning very low voltage?
Took it back to the store twice. The second time I came back from a 200+ mile trip straight back to the store and it had 46% charge. Had Ford and my shop check alternator and electrical and they found no issues except with the battery.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it back to the store twice. The second time I came back from a 200+ mile trip straight back to the store and it had 46% charge. Had Ford and my shop check alternator and electrical and they found no issues except with the battery.
Had you ever run the battery way down?

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that it doesn’t go out after 15 minutes or so when the power to the usb goes off? I just ran out to the garage and checked my 2020. Light is off.

Maybe it's older models that have this. I waited awhile. Also, Accessory power should be killed once truck is turned off and locked - hence no radio or other lights operable. Should be the same for the USB and the little lamp on the console compartment. No reason whatsoever for it to stay on.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Maybe it's older models that have this. I waited awhile. Also, Accessory power should be killed once truck is turned off and locked - hence no radio or other lights operable. Should be the same for the USB and the little lamp on the console compartment. No reason whatsoever for it to stay on.

I programmed mine to stay on all the time, using Forscan. I leave USB rechargeable flashlights and a screw driver to charge overnight. It's great not having to take stuff I use for work into the house to charge, then forget them when I head out.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down to 26%, on it's own.

The reason I ask is that I'm using 4 of the X2Power batteries in various vehicles, one of which gets very hard use. So far so good for these batts, and unhappy to hear of your lack of warranty from Batteries and Bulbs. I called my local store and they told me that if there is evidence of running the battery flat that the warranty is voided. Doesn't seem to be the case for you.

FYI, I put a X2Power double battery system into my 93 F250 and had both batts go flat due to a bad diode in the starter. This happened twice. I recharged the batts with a Smart Charger and they are working AOK. This truck sits for 6 months with batteries disconnected. So far the truck starts when I return. The batteries were put in the truck in Oct 2014, so are still going after more than 7 years.

Bummer on the lack of warranty on your battery. My experience with the batteries has been positive.

Last edited: