Electrical issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajsimeon

Reaction score
I bought a black 2019 Raptor on Monday but it might have some issues. It was CPO’d before me, and according to the Ford customer service it transfers down to me and is currently active. I have the 12month/12000 premium warranty still active and the 8year/100000 active as well so I’m very lucky to have that as it was not advertised to have this warranty. It currently sits at 45,0000 miles and got it for $58k with just about every option except for decals, ricaro, and carbon fiber. So here’s the deal.

I’ve had to drive probably 500 miles on it already due to me traveling to get it and there aren’t any issues while the engine runs. It’s when I try to start it, is where I’ve noticed some things. I’ve been able to replicate the issue every single time. If I hit the push button start without the brakes it turns on the accessories which I think is normal. However, when I step on the brakes and push the button to start, it turns over, but then the engine stops and it’s back to the accessory mode. When I push the button to start again, it either turns over and the engine starts or it will take a little bit to get the engine to start. It’s almost like it struggles to stay on. Once I’m driving and everything, it seems fine. I did get one error of “Auto Start/Stop Manual Restart Required”.

I want to love this car but I also want it to be reliable for something this expensive. I’ve set an appointment but wanted to make sure this is not normal. I’m thinking maybe battery issues? Any thoughts?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a black 2019 Raptor on Monday but it might have some issues. It was CPO’d before me, and according to the Ford customer service it transfers down to me and is currently active. I have the 12month/12000 premium warranty still active and the 8year/100000 active as well so I’m very lucky to have that as it was not advertised to have this warranty. It currently sits at 45,0000 miles and got it for $58k with just about every option except for decals, ricaro, and carbon fiber. So here’s the deal.

I’ve had to drive probably 500 miles on it already due to me traveling to get it and there aren’t any issues while the engine runs. It’s when I try to start it, is where I’ve noticed some things. I’ve been able to replicate the issue every single time. If I hit the push button start without the brakes it turns on the accessories which I think is normal. However, when I step on the brakes and push the button to start, it turns over, but then the engine stops and it’s back to the accessory mode. When I push the button to start again, it either turns over and the engine starts or it will take a little bit to get the engine to start. It’s almost like it struggles to stay on. Once I’m driving and everything, it seems fine. I did get one error of “Auto Start/Stop Manual Restart Required”.

I want to love this car but I also want it to be reliable for something this expensive. I’ve set an appointment but wanted to make sure this is not normal. I’m thinking maybe battery issues? Any thoughts?
I wouldn't know but @FordTechOne is always a big help here. Glad it has a warranty. Have the Premium care on mine and am so glad we have it

OP
OP
A

ajsimeon

Reaction score
@2020FordRaptor Thanks! Hopefully somebody could chime in. I also want to make sure 100% that this CPO warranty just follows the vehicle and doesn’t need to be transferred. I talked to a CS rep for the warranty and they said I don’t need to do anything and it will be covered for whatever the period is active.