Gen 1 Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2012 Screw with 70K miles. Was driving the other day and the radio and climate started turning on and off by themselves while driving. A day later Went to turn it on and nothing. Interior lights come on but nothing else, engines doesnt make a sound.

Scan codes I received:
B10F1 (have been getting this one for years)
U0253
U0140

Anyone run into this issue? No water near right kick board fuse box (Sunroof drains). Didn't see any wires chewed through.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. ignition Switch it appears for the first one.

2. This code means that the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) and other control modules on the vehicle are not communicating with each other.

3. Error code U0140 is associated with the Body Control Module (BCM) or the wires from the Engine Control Module (ECM) to the BCM. The BCM is part of your car’s electrical system. It controls various functions, including the tire pressure monitor, door locks, keyless entry and anti-theft systems.

Shot in the dark here. Sometimes crazy issues seem to come from the ground on the frame under the front passenger. Videos on that ground breaking or being corroded and causing electrical issues. I doubt that is your issue but what the hell, remove it and wire wheel it and the contact and bolt it back in. Quick and can only help matters.

OP
OP
I

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Shane361, ill look tomorrow when/if it ever stops raining here. So when you say under passenger you are describing "under the car" on the passenger side. Like this video?

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shane361, ill look tomorrow when/if it ever stops raining here. So when you say under passenger you are describing "under the car" on the passenger side. Like this video?

Exactly. That's the guy I watched, he is very passionate about grounds under the truck! lol

OP
OP
I

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Im gonna look at both back break lights, but are you referring the one on bcenter back of the top of the cap with the reverse light? If so I haven't heard that one yet, if so ill look in the am.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Yes, third brake light on back of cab, known for water leak and causing electrical issues.

TSB 11-4-7 - Third Brake / Cargo Light / High Mounted Stop Lamp TSB/SSM and Fix

I had the third brake light issue a few days ago, with the cruise control who went off suddenly on the highway under heavy rain, along with Advantrac and HDC service error... Today I unmounted the light, and there was some water in there...After cleaning and drying, a good load of sealant will...

OP
OP
I

InigoMontoya

Reaction score
Ok, figured it out. The BCM module on the passenger floor has a molex plug with a pull over clasp to secure it. The clasp came loose and the plug came out which renders the car useless. This happened once before when diagnosing the fuse 27 issue. Secured it back in and the car, climate and radio work fine. Going to have to put electrical tape over it.

FYI, no water in top brake/reverse light.

Thanks for the suggestions.