this is the work i do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks!!! I had 2 W7 12"s in one box that was 5/8" MDF doubled up all the way around... One heavy SOB!!! I think its funny on the lid of the JL box it has a warning saying "if dropped on foot will break" BAHAHA :laughing1:

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Edit .... still have both of them just setting in their boxes not being used. :sad72:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dude we need to take out your back seat and put those damn things back in there........

I've thought about it but just like to be able to put stuff in the second seat of the truck.

In my YOYO it wasn't to bad because I didn't really need the back of it. I will say you could hear it coming from blocks away! I had even cut out the doors and put infinity perfect 6.5 components in all 4 doors. 2 4ga wires running to a block and 2 caps to help out. I absolutely loved it. Surprised i can still hear.

Don't know why i didn't take pics of my set up. Maybe I'll come across some one of these days.

17545_543610942864_5167270_n.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did an 05 f150. i took out the back seat and made the rear seat the sub box for 2 solo x ported. i cushioned the top and recovered it with the oem seat cover. turned out really good......... maybe you should do the same thing

having 2 12W7's sitting there collecting dust is like not driving your raptor offroad.......

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i did an 05 f150. i took out the back seat and made the rear seat the sub box for 2 solo x ported. i cushioned the top and recovered it with the oem seat cover. turned out really good......... maybe you should do the same thing

having 2 12W7's sitting there collecting dust is like not driving your raptor offroad.......

I know I know make me feel more guilty about just letting them set there and rot! Do you think the W7's would take the offroad beating? I know they are stout but the magnets are pretty freaking heavy!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
by themselves, no........... but you can use supports for it. i have done it before in boats. basically in the box i put 2 pieces of 3/4 mdf right where the magnet would sit (doubled up, so it was 1 1/2in thick) then i cut a hole the size of the magnet so it could pass through and rest in the hole. this kept the woofer in place so even the biggest wakes on the water did not dislodge the woofer. some of those wakes are probably harder than a truck will take, unless you go full on baja prerunner........ but the guy abused his system for 3 years before he sold the boat, and we removed the system.....still working....

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
by themselves, no........... but you can use supports for it. i have done it before in boats. basically in the box i put 2 pieces of 3/4 mdf right where the magnet would sit (doubled up, so it was 1 1/2in thick) then i cut a hole the size of the magnet so it could pass through and rest in the hole. this kept the woofer in place so even the biggest wakes on the water did not dislodge the woofer. some of those wakes are probably harder than a truck will take, unless you go full on baja prerunner........ but the guy abused his system for 3 years before he sold the boat, and we removed the system.....still working....

That makes since. I've been air borne in 370SS Formula and it wasn't very smooth haha Did help drinks were involved :laughing1:

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so this is another car that came in today too. someone please tell me why you put 20in rims on an old car like this? apparently this is popular with this type of car, i see a lot of them for some reason. the other thing, someone keyed the crap out of this guys car, yet he is in for a system, and not getting his paint redone......... im not complaining, its money for the shop, but sometimes i wonder where people minds are

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 61

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so this is another car that came in today too. someone please tell me why you put 20in rims on an old car like this? apparently this is popular with this type of car, i see a lot of them for some reason. the other thing, someone keyed the crap out of this guys car, yet he is in for a system, and not getting his paint redone......... im not complaining, its money for the shop, but sometimes i wonder where people minds are

This person mind is probably at the local crack house waiting on a blue light special. :banghead: