Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate this thread! Drove mine a few hundred miles back from the dealer and was not impressed with the steering feel. Checked my tires and they were rocking 54lbs. Rides much better at 38lbs now! Plan on checking the rest of this list when the weather subsides.

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s in the 20 degrees out here, is it ok all tires are in 40’s psi or should I lower it to recommended cold 38 psi?

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s in the 20 degrees out here, is it ok all tires are in 40’s psi or should I lower it to recommended cold 38 psi?
I would lower it. If its 20 degrees and theyre at 40, when it warms up, say to 60, then the tires will have even more air in them. Personally id go down to 34-36 in 20 degrees

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got around to checking my fuse box, and they all needed to be pushed in like reported. Surprised to find this considering it's a more recent build. I need to get under it pretty quick and check some of these other things out

Reaction score
This thread has been helpful so thanks everyone for sharing. My aux 1 switch does not turn on the off road fog lamps, am I missing something or should it be set up to work right out of the factory? Guessing I’ll have to have the dealer check the wiring.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread has been helpful so thanks everyone for sharing. My aux 1 switch does not turn on the off road fog lamps, am I missing something or should it be set up to work right out of the factory? Guessing I’ll have to have the dealer check the wiring.
Check your engine bay fuse box. Make sure they’re pushed all the way in. Willing to bet cha someone’s gonna ask did you remove the covers. Lmao

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think aux 1 controls the fog lamps with the rigid covers. To turn on the outer (uncovered) fog lamps, press the round dial that you use to select a light setting.

Reaction score
Check your engine bay fuse box. Make sure they’re pushed all the way in. Willing to bet cha someone’s gonna ask did you remove the covers. Lmao
Thanks, I had a look but everything seemed secure. Ahh well, considering I have had no other real issues so far except cosmetic damage during transportation, I can drop it off to the dealer and I’m sure they’ll get it fixed pretty quick.

Haha yea I was waiting for someone to chime in with the cover removal, the ironic part is I have had my truck a week and only got around to testing them now because I was thinking of getting some of the amber tinted covers so wanted to see what the double white stock fog lights look like in person first.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are right in the middle of a cold snap and temps outside are around 5-15 degrees. Have not had any inclination to do a detailed inspection. I can tell you that I have NEVER purchased a new car/bike or truck that did not have details that needed taken care of. So far, I have found nothing in casual inspections. Maybe as stated earlier may be the Code Orange Metallic (grin)

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the fuses today after a Gremlin issue yesterday. Sure enough, everyone of them in the panel in engine compart needed to be pushed in. I also have stress cracks in left front fender. Still waiting to hear what Ford is going to do.