Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the half pushed in fuses.

While I was under the hood taking care of that, I noticed there were about 6 places where there were little pieces of masking and/or electrical (the gooey fabric type) tape left over from assembly. They weren’t holding anything or serving any other purpose that I could tell, so I pulled it all off. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Also, it’s worth taking a few seconds and pushing down on all of the plastic push fasteners holding the shroud, etc. in place under the hood. Most of mine were in OK, but went in about another 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch when I checked mine.
Agreed on pushing down various plastic fasteners.
found a few going over the truck.

Half pushed in fuses are unfortunately common affair.
thanks for the suggestions!

Derrick

Reaction score
Just got my truck the other day and went for a short drive then into the garage for detailing and inspection and just before the snow and salt came so going to be in here for a few days for treatment and undercoating i will do myself.
First close inspection I see water spots everywhere body and glass ( I did ask dealer not to wash or touch the paint) to avoid swirl marks etc... So i tried to wipe the water spots and would not come off with glass cleaner and did nothing, so I had to go with a finish polish and hand apply with microfiber and then polish off by hand and that removed all water spots.
So now I am going through the list here and check everything over. First thing I found is a paint defect, sad how quality control didn't pick this up as you can't miss it. If it was more in a hidden area I wouldn't care.

Attachments

• left front door .jpg
    left front door .jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 228

Ryan33

Reaction score
Just got my truck the other day and went for a short drive then into the garage for detailing and inspection and just before the snow and salt came so going to be in here for a few days for treatment and undercoating i will do myself.
First close inspection I see water spots everywhere body and glass ( I did ask dealer not to wash or touch the paint) to avoid swirl marks etc... So i tried to wipe the water spots and would not come off with glass cleaner and did nothing, so I had to go with a finish polish and hand apply with microfiber and then polish off by hand and that removed all water spots.
So now I am going through the list here and check everything over. First thing I found is a paint defect, sad how quality control didn't pick this up as you can't miss it. If it was more in a hidden area I wouldn't care.
Mine had the exact same water spots (hard rain). My best guess is our trucks sat in an open lot for weeks awaiting the "chips" and we're subject to hard rain which did a number on the clear coat .... Lovely right

Jpro39

Reaction score
Has anyone tried soundproofing material across the entire floor of the truck? It will probably eliminate rattle and noise off-road.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Has anyone tried soundproofing material across the entire floor of the truck? It will probably eliminate rattle and noise off-road.

No, it won’t. While insulation will further isolate low level noises, what you guys are experiencing with the Jen Tres trucks is a rather severe ‘knock’ that pretty much nothing is going to isolate. It will resonate through the frame and body, not matter how well it’s insulated. You’d be able to reduce ambient road noise from tires for example but sharper impact is still going to be transmitted through the truck.

Also, this would be working around the issue, not eliminating the issue. That said, it won’t hurt if you’re eventually going to modify the audio system.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another prevailing issue that is coming to light is the brake line rubbing the inside of the front tire.

Obvious sign is a worn ring around the side if the tire where the brake line is rubbing, with the culprit being how the brake line is routed/secured to the a arms.

Pictures and post other places on the forum.
Just keeping this list going.

cadurham88

Reaction score
Rain sensing wipers don't seem to be working. Outside of actually enabling them and turning to the right position; is there anything to check/fix to make them work or is this just something that ford will have to fix.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another prevailing issue that is coming to light is the brake line rubbing the inside of the front tire.

Obvious sign is a worn ring around the side if the tire where the brake line is rubbing, with the culprit being how the brake line is routed/secured to the a arms.

Pictures and post other places on the forum.
Just keeping this list going.
C30DF4BD-EDF1-4F2F-A4CD-373826094FE7.jpeg

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone taking a MY2022 delivery comment on this list to see if most of these have been resolved? I assume they haven't, just curious what to expect for the 22 production

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of my 21 last Thursday. So far the only thing that is a bit off is the passenger door needs to shut rather hard otherwise it won’t fully shut. I noticed this at delivery, the door wasn’t fully shut when I first laid eyes on the truck and over the course of a week, if anyone was a passenger when they shut the door it wouldn’t fully shut. It needs to basically be slammed to shut.
Tried to diagnose but couldn’t figure out any definitive reason. I’m thinking it’s hitting a gasket where a “normal” or light push on the door would cause there to be push back from a gasket. But I walked around the truck a bunch of times comparing the passenger and driver side and there’s no difference to the naked eye.
Anyone else?