Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could take a sheet of wax paper (8" x 11") and close the door on half of it, pull the whole piece out and then move it around the door and see if there is an area that is really hard to pull it out. This will let you know if there is an issue with a gasket, otherwise it could just be your door striker needs an adjustment, so easy to fix, have your dealer do that part though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Took delivery of my 21 last Thursday. So far the only thing that is a bit off is the passenger door needs to shut rather hard otherwise it won’t fully shut. I noticed this at delivery, the door wasn’t fully shut when I first laid eyes on the truck and over the course of a week, if anyone was a passenger when they shut the door it wouldn’t fully shut. It needs to basically be slammed to shut.
Tried to diagnose but couldn’t figure out any definitive reason. I’m thinking it’s hitting a gasket where a “normal” or light push on the door would cause there to be push back from a gasket. But I walked around the truck a bunch of times comparing the passenger and driver side and there’s no difference to the naked eye.
Anyone else?

I don’t think the doors / locks or handles got a lot of attention in the redesign. My truck had this symptom about 18 months back on the passenger side. My wife would slam the door and eventually it would either not catch or bounce. Opened / closed from inside and it worked fine. When I went over to close it for her, it worked, leading Wife 1.0 to strongly dislike truck 4.0.

It turned out to be a bad door handle cable; 1 of 2. the inside handle I believe was the culprit for us, opening would work fine but would not latch fully due to stretching. the outside handle worked fine, so when I would walk around the truck and close the door gently and it worked, wife 1.0 would storm away as truck 4.0 would mutter “she crazy”.

replaced the door latch cable and all was well.

This started out as hard to close, then became won’t latch at all when you try to close.

Definitely get it looked at.

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and tips. Will schedule an appointment to get it resolved.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
negative cable lug was not tight causing the truck not to start. Hopefully I’m the only one, but thought I would share for all to check.

Attachments

• A6705E39-A534-4E7A-A76E-4EFEFB736B0E.jpeg
    A6705E39-A534-4E7A-A76E-4EFEFB736B0E.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 94

Derrick

Reaction score
Went over mine for the first few days reviewed the list and found the plastic around the lower part of the front springs and sent my phone on video and stuck my arm in through the drivers wheel well to check coolant line at lower pulley and no issues. I found two paint issues a fish eye on the drivers door at the right pillar and what looks like clear coat paint run at right front fender. Took to dealer waiting for a call to get it fixed.

Attachments

• paint defect1.jpg
    paint defect1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 134

WISHiHADaRAPTOR

Reaction score
Went over mine for the first few days reviewed the list and found the plastic around the lower part of the front springs and sent my phone on video and stuck my arm in through the drivers wheel well to check coolant line at lower pulley and no issues. I found two paint issues a fish eye on the drivers door at the right pillar and what looks like clear coat paint run at right front fender. Took to dealer waiting for a call to get it fixed.
Where’s the quality control?!