Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out page 4. Half way down is a post that shows a picture.
this is one of the two coolant line issues. The one page 4 shows in the front engine bay the line rubbing one of the pulleys.
the second coolant line issues is under the truck/skid plate where the line physically plugs into the tranny cooler. It’s not fully seated/has a clip preventing it from seating the entire way.
Thank you kind Sir!

Shaheen J

Reaction score
I would jump up and down on the rear bumper. If you hear a clunking or knocking sound from under the bed, you have a bad fox shock and it will take 18 months for them to replace it. Don’t take delivery unless you want to live with the most annoying sound in the cab while driving it until the summer of 2023.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a handful of us taking delivery of our trucks and experiencing random things that the dealer didnt do or missed durning the PDI, or assembly line miss haps, I thought it might be good to start a list of items for others to check when taking delivery or first get the truck home.

Reading others post over the past few days had me in the garage checking things over and was helpful
copy and add to the list

After delivery items to check:
1. Tire pressure (Ford ships with approx 50psi, door sticker calls for 38) multiple reports
2. Transmission cooler line. (Several post with clips not secured and leaking)
3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)
4. Unsecured front shock wiring Harness. Passenger side front live vale control cable grommets not in place (pictures attached)
5. Loud fan noise from under rear seat (from power inverter). TSB posted that module parameters need to be reprogrammed. Multiple reports
6. Check for box link cleats and pro trailer assist wiring harness (if applicable)
7. Correct engine shroud (Ford Performance)
8. Correct interior trim (doors and glove box) reports of random door panels and trim being incorrect
9. Factory bed liner pealing along bulkhead edges
10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side
11. Check fluid levels, oil/coolant
12. inspect rear taillights to ensure they are the same (brightness and overall appearance)
13. Heat shield/insulator pad above exhaust hanging/falling down.
14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports
15. Rear fuel line vent hose not fastened/clipped hanging down near spare tire rear shock area (picture attached)
16. Rear wire harness near/under tailgate loose or not attached to grommets and holder
17. Coolant lines rubbing Crank pulley (engine bay) picture on page 4
18. Small plastic caps found on steering rack (leftover from assembly?) pic on page 4
19. Fender flair attachment screws loose (rear) pic on page 5.
20. Uneven tailpipes, height difference. MULTIPLE REPORTS Pic on page 5,6 and 7
21. Drivers side door squeak/creek from plastic rivet sticking inside of door jam (from engine bay)
22. Uneven front bumper (measured under from headlights) Pictures on page 10
23. Trim/Carpet panel behind rear seat loose (fasteners) and causes vibration rattle from radio and driving. Pictures on page 10
24. Gap at top of rear fender flares (gap between body and actual flare) Picture Page 10.
25. 310 electrical connection under seat loose:will get a bunch of errors. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. Check connection is tight. More info on page 11.

View attachment 322423
View attachment 322384
View attachment 322654View attachment 322355View attachment 322354
OMG… I’m dizzy !!!

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG… I’m dizzy !!!
Lots of good info and support here…
most issue are all easily fixed, and if you give your dealer a heads up on the few things to check before delivery it could Save time and frustration later.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good info and support here…
most issue are all easily fixed, and if you give your dealer a heads up on the few things to check before delivery it could Save time and frustration later.
Great info!! And def valuable and appreciated!!

routt73

Reaction score
This thread brings back a lot of bad memories for me and my 2019 Raptor. My truck sounded like there was loose change rattling around in the driver's side suspension whenever I hit a bump aka the clunk. The truck was down for weeks, everything was replaced, a regional expert technician from Ford examined it, and in the end nothing else could be done. I had to lemon the truck or live with the rattle trap (none of my other raptors, gen1 or gen2, made this type of noise) so I did the lemon and lost $5k in depreciation (I forgot how many $ per mile they charged me) through no fault of my own. Dealing with the service desk people was far worse than the lost money.

Drive your truck, new or used, over speed bumps, pot holes, expansion joints and small drops before you pay. There is no clear fix, or cause, for the suspension clunky/rattle.

I ordered two Fords this month, a Bronco and a code orange 37, but canceled both. I'll wait a bit more to see if Ford can sort it all out. I won't buy one sight unseen that is for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread brings back a lot of bad memories for me and my 2019 Raptor. My truck sounded like there was loose change rattling around in the driver's side suspension whenever I hit a bump (on that side). The truck was down for weeks, everything was replaced, a regional expert technician from Ford examined it, and in the end nothing else could be done. I had to lemon the truck or live with the rattle trap (none of my other raptors, gen1 or gen2, made this type of noise) so I did the lemon and lost $5k in depreciation (I forgot how many $ per mile they charged me) through no fault of my own. Dealing with the dealer's service desk people was far worse than the lost money.

I ordered two Fords this month, a Bronco and a code orange 37, but canceled both. The dealer I called says they don't charge ADM but they did throw it on the 37 package raptor ($10k) but not the Bronco (probably cause they know it won't be built until 2023). I'll wait a bit more to see if Ford can sort it all out. I won't buy one sight unseen thats for sure.

I suggest everyone drive their trucks over speed bumps, pot holes, expansion joints and small drops before they write the check. There is no rhyme or reason, as of now, as to why some of the trucks are faulty/clunky/rattle.
Certainly a different world with supply chain issues, worker shortages etc.

And with most of us having to order these trucks and waiting what seems like an eternity we are at the mercy of what shows up. 1000% agree that anyone dropping the coin that these trucks cost should go over it 10 ways to Sunday to shake out the bugs.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol this seems to be quite the list of F ups. Ford ... "built like ****" is more like it :)

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the half pushed in fuses.

While I was under the hood taking care of that, I noticed there were about 6 places where there were little pieces of masking and/or electrical (the gooey fabric type) tape left over from assembly. They weren’t holding anything or serving any other purpose that I could tell, so I pulled it all off. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Also, it’s worth taking a few seconds and pushing down on all of the plastic push fasteners holding the shroud, etc. in place under the hood. Most of mine were in OK, but went in about another 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch when I checked mine.